$50 a sq foot house construction?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum $50 a sq foot house construction?

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    chorizo

COuld you post some pics and or a site [ie like flicker ] as to the quality and craftmanship. thanks

maravilla

i can’t post pictures until i get back to the States on the 18th. everything in my house was custom-made — doors, cabinets, furniture, drapes, light fixtures. i know the provenance of every single thing in my house and the craftspeople who made it. it’s one of the funnest parts about building in costa rica. i’ll take some more photos of the interior before i leave here. then you can see for yourself the high quality of wood and wrought iron products that are available. i wish i could build another house just because i’ve discovered so many more craftspeople whose work i would like to use. and if you’re interested in mosaic tile work, let me know. we have started a CR branch of our US company to provide those products. i have one of Monet’s water lily paintings done in 3/4″ glass mosaic tile in my master bath. it’s the only one in Costa Rica!

sprite

Wow! That mosaic of the Monet painting sounds like a beautiful piece of tile work.

I am no expert, but the quality of the work I saw in progress at the Palmares house seemed quite good.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Just posted the first of what will be a few articles on the construction of my little vacation home in the mountains ….

‘Building A New Log Styled Vacation Home in the Mountains’ at [ https://www.welovecostarica.com/members/1906.cfm ]

Tom Rosenberger – our resident Costa Rica construction expert has agreed to follow the progress of this construction and give us his feedback so our VIP Members know what’s going on…

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

vbcruiser

Sprite: You will not get a block house built in Costa Rica for $60. a square foot unless you go completely Tico style. That means small, no cabinets, no fence, no water system, tin roof, you get the drift. I am building right now in Guanacaste, the bills I am paying are right now, not yesterday. I believe the $65. price you got a couple of years ago, but not the luxurious part. That price is now at $80+ – not luxurious. You want an North American built house, expect $100. per square foot, right now. Next year more! Hurry up and get down here, man.

Forget the alternative building methods in CR, stick with what the Ticos build, Block!

DavidCMurray
    Participant

What he said . . . (plus 20%).

*Lotus

Say what you want about prefab, but for now I’m going with these guys.I want a simple house with NO mortgage.
    http://www.facoli.com/galeria.html

Phbrookins

Maravilla, I’m new to the forum. I’d like to view your photos and communicate w/ you re: your experience w/ the builder/ architect. I’m planning to build on the Carribean coast in Manzanillo.
    Pura Vida.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.