A cheaper way to call home from Costa Rica

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum A cheaper way to call home from Costa Rica

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    costa13

I would like to find a way to call ceaper in North America and in Europe somebody knows a better way then skype and messenger. I can’t stick near the computer all the time… thanks

Andrew
    Keymaster

Hmm! Just for the record, I have no idea who costa13 is but thank you for helping me to promote the ‘Tico-Talk and Save Phone’ card which can slash your telephone costs in half when you are using it to make telephone calls from Costa Rica.

You can see at

And yes! You can use this from any telephone…

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

szbel

If you’re using a land line there is a company here in Costa Rica that offers three cents a minute calling to the U.S. and Canada. It is working great for me!

holab

And the name would be……?

sharrack

Am I missing something here?
    Can’t you just buy a phone card at the Airport for and hours worth of talk time for about 10 bucks?
    Thanks, kenny S>

Andrew
    Keymaster

For calling locally maybe but don’t believe you can use that with your cellphone can you? Or to make international calls for .20 cents per minute?

Sctot Oliver

sharrack

Yes, I usually call from a any local payphone.
    Sorry , I didnt realize you guys were talking strictly cellphones.
    One thing I love……there is no shortage of payphones in CR.
    Kenny S>

Andrew
    Keymaster

We are NOT talking “strictly cellphones.”

You can use the Tico-Talk and Save account from any telephone (cellphone OR landline) to make international calls.

It is NOT a local calling card

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

If you have an address or know someone – that trust you, you need a US credit card for billing purpose – in the US you can buy from VOYZE a phone system to tie to your PC – you also need a DSL line in CR – Once the system is connected you can call anywhere in the world and you will be charged VOYZE discounted rate. All calls you make to other VOYZE users are free of charge. I am presently using this system in South Korea to call the US, Europe, South and Central America, we love it.

fournier999

I buy a $15 phone card from Scott at Tropical Treasures ($5 goes to support his CR charity) and it’s only 7.5 cents/minute to Canada and the US. Here’s the link:

http://www.mytropicaladventure.com/store/product.php

suzanne

Andrew
    Keymaster

That’s an odd site. They obviously do some good work but when I tried to sign on for their newsletter, you are FORCED to choose one or more of the following products:

1. 7 People Needed, We’ll Pay You to Lose Weight
    We pay $ 100 for you to lose 10 lbs. Try our 120 Day Program With Free Shipping and Money Back Guarantee. We’ll PAY you to lose weight!

2. Top Income Programs
    FREE! Find out how to make fast income on the net. Get First Alert notifications when new programs launch so you can get spillover. 100% Guaranteed!

3. Heavy Hitter Secrets Revealed
    Internet Guru teaches you how to make BIG Money on the Internet. Her 3 step system is simple and FREE. Get The Truth – and Get Paid!

4. PROVEN SUCCESS System
    Top leader teaches you how to make BIG Money on the Internet Join the right team Get The Truth and Get Paid Full Training Free Trial Start Now!

5. Financial Freedom Alert
    Let us teach you how to earn $$$ online

Needless to say I do NOT want any of that crap …

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.