A day of Thanksgiving

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum A day of Thanksgiving

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Alfred

Today is Thanksgiving Day in the United States. It is a national holiday we set aside to give thanks for all we have had during the past year. It is a time to gather with family and friends, and share the things that are good.

In this past year we have all had many reasons to forget the good we have, and have voiced our opinions on a variety of subjects that have caused us a measure of pain. I have been one of the chief complainers, to be sure.

I would like to offer my thanks to WLCR, Scott especially, and to all the wonderful people I’ve met here. Although we have never actually met face to face, I feel we are more like friends than acquaintances. I realize not all of us are from the USA, and in Costa Rica this holiday is not celebrated. To my foreign friends, and Ticos alike, in a phrase we all understand, Pura Vida!

Hopefully, one day we will be spending our Thanksgiving Day in Costa Rica, and we’ll be able to give thanks for all the good things Costa Rica has given us.

rebaragon

Ditto Alfred…I hope you and your family will enjoy this day full of gratitude, health and a house full of love and delicious food…

I really believe that we don’t exercise enough gratitude and Thanksgiving in the US affords us the opportunity to stop and think, acknowledge our blessings, pray for those that haven’t been as blessed as us to be safe and sound in the bosom of their families…I also want to thank the virtual friends of WLCR for having blessed my year with your knowledge, insight and humor and even those that have made me realize I still need to work on my patience–every one of us is still “work in progress” :)–Thank you….

A GRATITUDE – HEART

“A gratitude-heart
    Is to discover on earth
    A Heaven-delivered rose.”

Sri Chinmoy

~

Alfred

Same to you and yours, Rebeca. And a happy and healthy Thanksgiving to all.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.