A lot of us are buying land in Coast Rica

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum A lot of us are buying land in Coast Rica

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Rita

Jessica:
    The bottom line for me was water and my husband can’t stand the heat of the beach areas (great to visit, not to live). We emailed a wonderful gringo couple who are realtors when we got serious and there are a number of good realtors in the area but we hit pay dirt when we made our Tico connections. There is a quaint hotel/restaurant in Tilaran called LaCarreta (it may be sold soon so I don’t know who you will find there). The owner introduced us to someone who knew all the properties that were available but not with a sign on them. I will email our friend and ask if it’s OK to give you his email address. One of the things you need to understand about the continental divide and Lake Arenal is the weather is different every few km. The rainfall and amount of cloud cover is about 2 times greater on the east side, which is where you were in Neuvo Arenal. The southwest side of the lake has a much nicer climate. A word of caution about buying from locals, make sure you see several properties from at least a couple of realtors. They are not dishonest, they will just ask as much as they think you can afford and with the developments going up in the area, I can’t blame them. There are plenty of realtors and listings on the web for the Tilaran area. Rico Realty (west side), Moran Realty (north), Lake Arenal C21 (east) among a few. Do your homework and I’ll get back to you about the friend who found our land for us. We also have a wonderful attorney who does everything right, which will be essential.
    Rita

jessicab

Rita – what I found was Neuvo Arenal was very noisy. At least where we stayed. There’s a club that has music going on the weekends, all night into the wee hours. There were too many dogs barking. The altitude wasn’t high enough, therefore, no real breeze.
    I’m like your husband. I can’t stand the heat.
    I’d really appreciate any help that you can give me. I’ve already purchased my tickets and the time is open (no set date). We’ll not have 3-1/2 weeks, like our last visit.
    Thanks again.

kungfumasta

I friend of mine works for a group of investors that just bought some land there near Nuevo Arenal, Tilaran and Tronadora. They were having some trouble getting straight answers from some of the officials regarding building policies and some other stuff, they are now organizing the neighbors in some sort of an association that deals directly with the politicians in charge of the area. Shoot me an email and I will put you in touch with them.

Rita

I don’t know about problems with building policies, so far we have had none. I think the problem with Nuevo Arenal is that it is on the leeward side of the continental divide. The Tilaran side of the lake gets more wind and sun because the clouds dump the rain on the hills east of the lake and the wind whips across the lake. In this area, it’s as much about open space as it is elevation or so it seems.

I was also thinking about any of you who want beach property but are unable to pay the prices in the Guanacaste beach communities. Puntarenas is a reasonably sized city and the economy there is still rather depressed. It is a friendly town and has a nice beach. Because it is a poorer part of the country and has a reputation for being somewhat dirty (recently the city fixed beach showers and are regularly cleaning the beach), the property is more reasonable. The development of the port at nearby Caldera should help the economy in the area so someone might want to look at Puntarenas as a longer term investment. By the way, the views of the Nicoya peninsula, gulf, and Pacific are as good as anywhere.

CHERYLJK

After visiting CR in 2002, my husband and I decided to buy land as an investment. We now plan on retiring there. Anyway, we bought land in Tambor. We ended up there because when I did my research on the net, we found some lots there in our price range. Yes, it was that simple. The only other location we really considered was further north in the Guanacaste area. We initially bought one lot which sits on a hill overlooking the Pacific. A year later we bought a second lot across the street. I am not a beach person myself, nor do I like hot weather. But my husband loves to fish and scuba dive, so this move will really be for him. I love wildlife and can really live just about anywhere. Retirement is 9 years away for us. We plan on building a house in about 7-8 years. We’ll rent our house in the States until we are sure CR is for us. Cheryl

metcalf

we just got back. e mail me if you woulod like info. rcmetlagun@aol.com. I will give you my phone # you can call me and i will let you know what i found.

rahulthack

I am buyin here two lots from C.R.Tropical Properties. I have an attorney in San Jose.This happend thi morning. No money sent yet but my attorney will advise. I will keep posting here.
    Rahul Thacker MD

rahulthack

I talked to the same law firm attorney, Erika Gomez, I feel good now that someone else also has bought from CR tropical in Las Palma!
    Rahul

rahulthack

Hi
    I am in Laguna Beach
    949-494-6317
    Rahul Thacker MD
    PS Planning to buy two lots in Las Palmas of C R Tropical properties

rahulthack

My E-mail is Rahulthack@aol.com anyone knlowledgable about C R Propertie and Las Palmas, please let me know as I am planning to buy two lots there in north Quepos.
    Rahul Thacker

rahulthack

Because of new Marina, Airport and Manuel Antonio park here, the beaches are great….this seem like agreat place to invest or live
    Rahul

Lagunalaw1

My friends and I went down to Costa Rica in May and checked out the CR tropical properties, Las Palmas project. It is in the early stages, but we were pretty happy with what we saw. The people were very nice and informative. There are actively working on the infrastructure. The land is beautiful but not as close to the ocean as we had hoped. While they do have ocean views, they are small ocean views, put panoramic views of the valley. We think it is a good investment and are excited about going forward. Many of the lots are on a pretty steep grade but we were told all lots can handle at least an 8,000 sq feet pad.

rahulthack

I check the deed and the FINCA 6134523 and 6140437 is in name of “Banco Cuscatlan De Costa Rica”
    I am planning to buy there too with the help of my Costa Rican attorney, M.Carlos Arrea.
    RT

rahulthack

Hello linisd1,
    Make sure that you know that bank owns the lot and not the developers!!!!! This could be ok too.RT

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.