Affordable Rent-A Car

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Affordable Rent-A Car

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    gdelahou

I am planning to travel to CR on vacation in February. This will be my first trip to CR. I found this site on the internet and would like to know if anyone knows anything about this car rental company. Has anyone had any experience renting a 4X4 from Affordable Rent-A-Car  Costa Rica, also known as Pura Vida Cars? If so, I would be interested in hearing about your experience. Their website is http://www.puravidacars.com .

scottbenson

Well the best experiance that I had was last August when we were there. Since our little 1990 Toyota Corrola was having some problems we decided to rent a car.

I tried 4×4 but they didn’t have any vehicals for me and I belive it was them that gave me the great referal of a rental company that rents Dihatsos that are 4×4. Since they didn’t have any economy cars left they rented the Dihatso to me for $35.00 a day. Only a 700.00 deposit and we were good to go. How ever the best part about it was they came to our house to drop off the vehical! The day that we went back to the airport a driver came to our house and picked up the car and drove us to the airport.
    This company will go all over costa rica if their car breaks down and will swap out vehicals.

Mirage rent a car is the company and their number is 011-506-861-1043

I don’t have any connection to this company except for the great serivce that I recived!

guru

The past two years we have rented from EuropaCar through TicoTravel. They rent a variety of cars including the small Daihatsu Terios which is what we rented both years and will rent again this February. They are not the cheapest rental company and finding their place to return the car is an adventure (they pick you up at the airport and return you there). High season is $400 a week ($57/day at weekly rate) everything included.

The Daihatsu Terios is a cheap little car not sold in the US but those we rented took a beating and took us over some pretty rough terrain. However they are straight drive only. The cars were new, clean and relatively low milage.

jnegril

I was in CR in July this year and used Puravidacars aka Affordable Rent a Car. The 4×4 (Pathfinder) was used but reliable. We went from San Jose to Pocora to Turrialba to the peak of Volcan Turrialba to Manzanillo to La Suiza and back to San Jose. Some very rough roads/paths and didn’t have any trouble. They will meet you at the airport and you can have them meet you back at the airport when you leave. We are going back in Jan. and have already reserved another 4×4. Good luck

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.