AmCostarica news – DEPRESSING

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum AmCostarica news – DEPRESSING

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    fionabbb

What’s up withb these people at amcostarica, all we ever get is crime, theft, drugs and other depressing news. I KNOW there are good things happening in Costa Rica – I spend most of the year here but it doesnb’t seem to happening to the people at amcostarica

Anybody else notice this?

Do their advertisers really want to advertise their products and services on pages full of nothing but crime, theft and drugs news?

What’s up?

Andrew
    Keymaster

Posted in the worng place – Reposted here by Scott

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

message Posted By
    Posted Jun 28,2006 11:23 AM jimfolds
    I, like many, am becoming weary of Costa Rica AM’s seeming focus on crime, as if that is all that is happening in this wonderful country. If AM’s was the MO of all news organizations, no one would ever leave there homes around the world. Costa Rica has provided years of pleasurable adventures for me….not once has crime beckoned. I know there is crime there, and too much of the petty type. This is not exclusive to Costa Rica. I DO want the govenrment to recognize that continual steps should be taken to lessen the criminal events that occur. But, I’m hoping that AM can move on to those things that the great majority of people who visit Costa Rica are there for. I’m coming back, morphine availability or not! PURA VIDA!!!!

tropicals

I agree with you that reading those articles is depressing. I visit Costa Rica frequently and have many friends living there now. My friends there have all been effected by theft at one point or another over the years so perhaps it is not such a bad idea to let the newcomers know that they should not think they can live quite so carefree and naive in Costa Rica. The crime is crime of opportunity but can still cause havoc if it involves your wallet or passport. Material items can be replaced easliy.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.