Any information on Paragon Properties

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Any information on Paragon Properties

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    fishrman

I was contact by Paragon, at my request, but didn’t have a good feeling when talking to their sales people. They do tend to use high pressure tactics and I really don’t understand why they won’t show you the property unless you give them a monetary deposit on the property. This just rubbed me the wrong way and family members who live in Costa Rica and also respected real estate brokers in the Parrita area steered me away from Paragon. I personally would stay away from them as in my opinion there are more trustworthy and respected developers around.

P.S. My wife (a Tica most of her life) & I look forward to retiring in C.R. in a few years. Pura Vida!

William Gale

Our method of sale does not involve high pressure. Let me be quite clear on what occurs. Prospective clients contact us. We ask that they contact a series of customers who have already been through our process to determine if they wish to proceed. We do ask people to send a completely refundable deposit on a particular piece of property that they would like to purchase,if,upon their inspection is satisfactory to them. We involve a good deal of time and money in them when they are in Costa Rica to make their inspection regardless of the outcome. That is their decision. Let’s be clear on this point people who like what they see and hear will proceed ,those that do not don’t. We have sold out numerous projects and I take exception to your remark of our trustworthyness. We operate under all of the laws in the United States and all of the laws of Costa Rica. We undergo more scrutiny then you can possibly imagine.
    Many people are sightseers and would like someone to drive them all over Costa Rica. I would like to know that I am dealing with a qualified buyer and they would like to know that thet are dealing with a qulified seller who owns the property being offered. That’s only fair when the only risk is ours.

scottbenson

William gale,

I do have a question! How do you get around the laws in the United States? In Minnesota, you cannot solicit customers unless your property is registered with the State. You cannot even send them information unless it is registered. I have seen emails that other agents and people have shown me and if the commerce department had seen any of this information, they might be knocking on your door!

William Gale

Our attorneys have reviewed all the laws and assure us that we are now and have been in compliance with all regulations pertaining to the sale of our property. I would question the fact that you have visted our offices either in the United States or Costa Rica. I’m not quite sure of what axe you wish to grind or your intent.Our office in Costa Rica is a model home center only. Our clients are treated with the utmost care and concern.

namvet

How can you say the only risk is yours if I spend the money for 2 round trip tickets to Costa Rica, pay for my own accomodations, and meals and rent a car to visit your properties? Are you saying that you are going to pick up all of my expenses incurred to come and look at your property?

It seems to me the only risk that is yours is the time involved in showing me your property….not many real estate companies around where you have to “pay” upfront for giving them the opportunity to sell you property. What am I missing?

William Gale

We reimburse people who visit with us a portion of their travel expenses. We devote a car or van ,a driver and a guide and buy a beautiful lunch for everyone and dinner that evening. The tour of their property constitutes a days outing. If you really knew what you were saying about us and our program it would be different. The only people who visit with us have an interest in Costa Rica and more importantly Paragon Properties.They approve of of program and that’s what really matters. Please be more informed on the way we operate our business before you comment because you are obviously missing alot.

MSG1014

Billy:

Why don’t you tell everyone how many telemarketing scams Steve Tashman has been involved with? Why don’t you tell everyone that you were not a prinicpal in Lehigh Acres but a salesman. The three principals are now deceased. Why dont you explain why there is no infrstructure, water, electricity and roads, on most on your properties? How come only 5-10 houses built and over 1000 lots sold? How many of your telemarketers have a back round in real estate? How many have prior arrest? How many have licenses to to sell real estate anywhere in the world? How many of your telemarketers have cease and decist orders from other states for boiler room scams? Why dopnt your tell everyone that paragon employs singers to brag about your properties to prospective buyers?

William Gale

This is clearly an attempt to slander my company and myself. I will however attempt to respond to these allegations. Steve Tashman is not as has not been involved with the ownwership of Paragon Properties of Costa Rica. He is however my friend of 40 years as far back a high school. I never claimed to be a principal of Lehigh Acres however I was the east coast director of Sales. There were not three principals of Lehigh there were four. Lee Ratner, Edward Shapiro, Manny Riskin and Gerry Gould. Edward Shapiro was my father-in-law.
    As far as our telemarketing efforts are concerned you may wish to speak to our attorneys,Tew-Cardenas LLP. one of the most respected firms in the world.
    It is obvious that you have not looked at our website to know that we have installed many miles of roads and a complete water system, which exceeds Costa Rican standards. As far as the other dvevelopments are concerned when people decide to build we are required to install septic and well as required by Costa Rica.
    I have nothing to hide or for that matter to be ashamed of in what I am doing in Costa Rica. I do not mind responding to even to most inflamatory remarks. I must say that I am surprised to see this much flagrant slander allowed by this forum and its moderators. By the way only people who know me well call me Billy… would you like to step forward and indentify yourself.

Andrew
    Keymaster

OK WE’VE FINISHED WITH THIS NOW.

THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED.

THERE WILL BE NO MORE POSTINGS ABOUT PARAGON PROPERTIES IN THIS THREAD

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.