Anyone Attend a Christopher Howard Tour?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Anyone Attend a Christopher Howard Tour?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    darkscore

My husband and I are in research mode on retiring to Costa Rica. We are considering taking one of Christopher Howard’s relocation and retirement tours next spring. I’m just wondering if anyone has taken one of his tours and whether you thought it ws useful.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Can’t help with Sr. Howard’s tours, but I can enthusiastically endorse those conducted by George Lundquist, a member of our little community here. George is a fountain of knowledge and experience. He has wonderful contacts. And he and his wife, Aija, have built a magnificent home (at a very reasonable price) with many features that anyone who is thinking of building should take into account. And it’s all on the tour.

darkscore

Does he have a website I can take a look at?

Andrew
    Keymaster

You can see an article about George Lundquist with a free online video interview at [ https://www.welovecostarica.com/members/1192.cfm ]

George’s website is at [ http://www.costaricaretireonss.com ]

Scot Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

Purvis

Read emails from SO and CH for over 2 years. Took CH Inland tour July 2007 – most useful. 2 days ARCR seminar – 2 days tours to see expensive real estate and condos -. Good balance. You WON’T be shown lower priced condos. Scott DOES. Bought at Concasa to test the waters. Will fly down Oct to take delivery. For those who intend visiting: I failed to open a Bank account. DON’T make the same mistake.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Sadly, opening an account in a Costa Rican bank isn’t as simple as opening one in the U.S. Some banks balk at opening accounts for non-residents. The easiest route is to have an attorney form a corporation and open the account in its name. Having a corporation also facilitates getting a cell phone and establishing utility accounts.

sprite

What you need for a bank account is a Costa Rican address. I don’t know if there is any legal complication if that address is not where you live or own or rent, but I used the address of a Tico friend, his suggestion, (who also knows the bank manager).

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Well, sprite, there’s more to it than that. Our neighbors/friends had to produce proof of income in the form of a Social Security award letter in order to open an account at HSBC. The address would be the easy part.

Minuit

My friend opened a bank account at Banco Nacional last april. It was under his own name. All he needed was a paid electricity bill, a reference by someone who has had a bank account for 2 years, and an address. The process took about half an hour, excluding the waiting time in line….
    I think for a Sociedad Anonima, what more is needed is the chart or Cedula Juridica of the company and a Personaria to attest who is the responsible for the SA and signs the papers.
    Good luck
    Jo

Andrew
    Keymaster

THIS POSTED IN THE WRONG PLACE AND REPOSTED HERE BY SCOTT

Posted Jul 16,2008 8:24 AM thebobwhos
    i have been on 2 of chris howards tours. they are excellent for those who need a complete education about costa rica. you can learn more in a few days from him that you can learn on your own in a year.

bob who

Orosi Riley

I have heard that Christopher Howard’s tour is well worth the time and money, but the George Lundquist will yield more information to make an intelligent decision. Both are worth the money, but George’s retirement tour is excellent.
    Bring a notebook, the amount of knowledge presented in a few days is nearly overwhelming, but invaluable.
    Best Regards,
    Orosi Riley

cfdreamer

My husband and I just returned from 2 weeks in Costa Rica, during which time we took Chris’ Central Valley tour. We both found the tour extremely useful and managed to find exactly what we were looking for in a place to rent until such time as we decide to buy. In addition to his extensive knowledge of the country and it’s people we found Chris to be most charming and a real “fun guy” to be with!!! We highly recommend his tours!!

Bandera

Go for it. Life is too short. Write Howard an email and ask him. Buy his book (updated every year) Buy Scott’s book, buy the Peterson’s legal book from Scott, These people have years of experience in Costa Rica. You need the experience they have. See as much of the country you can and DO NOT DON NOT send any money here from land promoters. Scott has a beautiful property listed for $179K. Fly down now meet with Scott and take a look at that property. By the time you retire, it will double or triple in price.
    Good Luck
    Stan

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.