Bajamar land under $15 per square metre

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Bajamar land under $15 per square metre

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dawntr

I just bought 1/2 acre ocean view property in Bajamar, Puntarenas for under $30,000. The area is about 5 miles north of Los Suenos. The land is flat for building, electricity is on the property and it has access to municiple water. Unless someone knows something I do not- the deals are out there.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Thank you dawntr

For the rest of our VIP Members:

An acre = 4,050M2 so half an acre = 2,205M2 and your price means you paid under $15 per square metre.

As long as you did your homework before purchasing the land, this sounds like a reasonable deal for land in that area which already has utilities in place.

I think the problem for most people is that they simply do not have the time to get out there and find the ‘deals’ so when an email pops into their inbox promising them their ‘dream home’ in a ‘tropical paradise’ – they look into it without doing the homework that they should definitely be doing.

The moral of this story? The deals are out there “if” you take the time to find them and, when you are investing tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of dollars to buy land, you should spend some serious time and do your homework properly.

Like most investments, if you do your research well, the probabilities of making a profitable decision are far greater than if you make a random decision and buy ‘whatever’ you come across next.

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

perrobravo

I agree that the deals do exist like Scott said. We’re getting ready to close on some long range ocean view land, about 10 acres for $30,000 in Miramar (Montes de oro), Puntarenas. Only catch is we have to bring in the electricity from 1/2 km away and put in better roads on the land. Water is nearby. HINT: This was not advertising, but took networking to find. I realize not everyone has the time to do this, but realize you do not have to pay ridiculous prices if you choose not to. Sounds like you got a good deal….

scottbenson

You said it Net working! Net working is the key to success and if you don’t have the net works it will be very hard to make a deal with a tico.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.