Blackberry service through ICE

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Blackberry service through ICE

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    tomstew1

Does anyone know if there is Blackberry service in CR?

Thanks,
    TS

rebetzen

yes, absolutely no problem. it goes from your home server straight to ICE,

tomstew1

[quote=”rebetzen”]yes, absolutely no problem. it goes from your home server straight to ICE,[/quote]

I should have phrased my question better.

I would like to gift someone in CR a Blackberry. Would it work for them using ICE? Would there be an extra charge for them?

Thanks again,
    TS

*Lotus

I know of two friends (Ticos) that have IPhones and I know they work and I am sure they use ICE. I would call ICE and ask for an explanation of rates/plans for phone and data for a BB. If you by one in the US, just make sure it is unlocked.

OTTFOG

If you gift them a Blackberry you must also gift them the receipt from the purchase as they will have to show the receipt in order to establish service. If they already have service, their is a good chance that they can unlock the Blackberry and then swap simm cards. When I travel to Costa Rica, I swap out my ATT simm card for my ICE simm card when I land in CR and have no problems. Having said that, I do not have a data plan with ICE; I just have regular phone service. Good luck, Jerry

CHRISTINE

[quote=”ottfog”]If you gift them a Blackberry you must also gift them the receipt from the purchase as they will have to show the receipt in order to establish service. If they already have service, their is a good chance that they can unlock the Blackberry and then swap simm cards. When I travel to Costa Rica, I swap out my ATT simm card for my ICE simm card when I land in CR and have no problems. Having said that, I do not have a data plan with ICE; I just have regular phone service. Good luck, Jerry[/quote]

Where did you get your sim card? And do you have an ICE account or is it possible to buy a prepaid sim card? Last question, do you keep the same US phone number?

johnr

My US Blackberry (ATT International Plan) works great in CR. I do have to reboot in the mornings to pick up e-mail so I’m sure one activated in CR (US unlocked or CR Simm) will work fine.

I pay $2.50 per minute voice. $1.97 per mb data sent or received and .50 per text. I have an 8700.

*Lotus

If you have a BB with T-Mobile the device has wi-fi which can be used for data/voice. Switch off the radio receiver and use wifi to make calls and receive data with no charge. Of course you must be somewhere that has a wifi signal like a hotel, home or internet cafe. I have been doing it for years.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.