C.R. Properties

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum C.R. Properties

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    *Lotus

I guess I meant quaint as in small, although you could probaly substitute Jaco for Parrita in this article. Statistics can be a bit frightening and one must be objective when anylising them. I have walked through Paritta a number of times over the years and was not “held up” or felt threatened. Even while in the hospital in Nicoya as I waited for treatment the addicts rolled in for there methodone. I don’t think anyone would argue about the destuctive nature poverty and drugs has on society and it certainly can create a viscious circle if the actual problems are’nt addressed. Unfortunatley most poor addicts are treated as criminals and rarely get the help they need.

rankingee

Well I certainly feel better now. It sure doesn’t sound as bad as South Central Los Angeles. You get killed there. I would take my chance in Parrita.

jneiman

Just curious, but if people are comfortable in investing in properties because “the entry gate was very nicely done” – that’s just plain silly. Drive around CR, and you’ll see plenty of nice entry gates to overgrown land development projects that never got off the ground. I know nothing about CR Tropical Properties Inc, but for your own sake do some real investigations.

rankingee

Very sage advice jneiman! Since I am a novice at this CR real estate myself and have been looking, what is your advice on how best to investigate the many development projects out there? It just seems to me that most I have looked at are “pre-construction” with lots of promises but I am really unsure how to determine if the promises will actually come to fruition. Thanks for any advice you can pass along.

*Lotus

I know this has been well documented in this forum the “gates that lead to nothing” but empty promises,but those in the know will agree that the real estate situation has really changed over the last 2-3 years especially in and around Jaco!. Unless the people behind some of these huge land project that are being heavily marketed are just absolute crooks out to cut and run with our money (personally I don’t think so) we will see less in completed projects, especially in prime areas along the coast. Remember as long as you can document that the people selling you the land own it there is a reasonably good chance they will follow through and do what they set out to do…why wouldn’t they if they have sold millions of dollars worth of land and they want a future in Costa Rica? In projects where you are just buying land as long as the utilities do get put in, then it is up to the lot owners to follow through and actually build there homes and I think in areas like the central pacific where real estate is red hot, a lot of the folks buying land will follow through and build. In Columbus heights where I have a contract on a lot I absolutely plan on building and based on my conversations with the architects and builders associated with the project so are a lot of others, which has lead me to have to find my own builder and architect so I can build on my schedule. If you are dealing with someone with no presence in the country and only marketing over the internet asking you to wire money to them directly….perhaps not a good idea? But if a reputable law firm is involved, stuart title or another reputable title agency and the company has a presence in the country and the property is owned by them and it is in a desirable location that is a good start. I took a leap of faith and bought in one of the controversial developments early on. I was familiar with the area from years of travel there, spoke with all the parties involved and felt comfortable with the people I was dealing with. I think I might be a little more concerned buying pre construction condos as this certainly requires a lot more money and expertise than just sub dividing land although I am considering one of the Jaco condo projects(endorsed here) strictly as a speculative purchase. So Scott I hope to be able to send you pictures of my new beach home in about 6-8 months!! This is not and endorsement of any of these projects, just my thoughts on them…

swhibley

Hi guys, these discussions are just what I need. I am looking to buy a place in Costa Rica, Dominical region. I am just wondering how you all decided on the area’s to buy property in. What was the determining factor? Did you hear about your respective investments via ads in Canada, USA or where ever you are from?
    Who are the primary foreign residents of Costa Rica?

I would appreciate your replies.
    Cheers
    steve

Andrew
    Keymaster

Steve

Would you please start a new posting on this? SMaybe something along the lines of:

How To Decide Which Area Is Best For Me?

You’ll get more help with a new posting and it’s new….

Scott

mb

I have a friend who bought property in the jungle above Parrita. We viewed “his lot” in January 2006. I feel uneasy due to the fact that he gave $25,000 down and has to pay the interest free balance within 5 years and I have been asking about CR Tropical Properties and no one seems to know much about them. For those of you who haven’t been, keep in mind this is the rainforest and is undeveloped. The dirt roads were just cut as of January. I don’t know how it has progressed since then but there was no water, sewer, elec… The entrance off the highway to the area is indeed a plantation but that is not owned by CR Tropical. There was not a gate to the property as of January. Please advise if there has been updates since then.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.