Cabuya

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Islandsiren

Hi does anyone know anything about Cabuya? We know of someone who wants to sell their home there but we are not familiar with the area.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Isn’t that near Montezuma?

2bncr

Cabuya is scenic – and remote. Its on the tip of the Nicoya Penninsula with a southern exposuer.

grb1063

Cabuya is 7 km from Montezuma and the same from Mal Pais, albeit over a very rough road that is impassable in the rainy season. It is basically a fishing village and a bargain alternative to Montezuma/Mal Pais/Santa Theresa that has just started to get some development pressure. There are several large tracts that are new developments, but last I checked (last week in person), they have not been moving. Most of the land is owned by Ticos who are in no rush to part with their property and some believe it is worth $40-$50/m2. Finding water is a big challenge. The biggest plus is that it is next to Cabo Blanco Reserve, the 1st such reserve in the country, which is full of wildlife. I hear rumor of a future marina, but given the very rocky shoreline and major low tide going out to the cemetary island I question whether a marina is even feasible.

Islandsiren

Thank you for your information. Everything is helpful….My friends own a small home there but may be selling in the near future. I will just have to get there to visit and see what it’s like. I did hear the same rumor about the marina as well. Just trying to keep our options open for the future..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.