Charlie the angry American

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Charlie the angry American

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    paumatom

Sprite- I’m pretty sure the warning about the Military Industrial complex was in Eisenhower’s last speech to the nation.

rebaragon

Paumatom: What an interesting idea you’ve brought up: “I think it was more a case that politicians of that time were still capable, on occasion, of acting for the good of the country, rather than for the good of their party or their own re-election.”

I don’t put much faith in Hillary, Obama, Romney or McCain, but I also think that this unfortunate turn of events where politicians don’t seem to really care at all about our well being (just want to look like they do care), not even on occasion, has been a change that has been allowed and accepted by us. Do you think this change in our politicians’ behavior could have taken hold without our tacit acceptance?

pdavid

People like Charlie are what’s wrong with America. Nothing better illustrates that than his opening “Greed has produced rash tax cuts that have given money to the rich and in effect taken it away from the poor….”

Tax cuts don’t “give” money away, tax cuts allow a person to keep more of their own money. The poor dont have any money, hence the title “poor.” Apparently, Charlie thinks the money belongs to the government first.

He goes on to whine about people who make more money than him and the non-issue of “outsourcing.” Apparently, outsourcing is a big deal to some in a country with an unemployment rate under 5%. My wife moved to the US from Colombia and found a job as an engineer no problem. She’s not even a citizen and speaks with a heavy accent. She’s just happy to be here in this land of greed Charlie is so angry with.

The rest of his article goes off on an unhinged, contradictory rant, finished off with some paranoia over “Halliburton detention camps.” Give me a break. Charlie gets to live in Costa Rica and travel back to the United States when he likes. What percentage of the world gets to have such a lifestyle? Maybe 10%? Does that make Charlie greedy and thus part of the problem?

Life isn’t fair. Life is hard. Put on your big boy pants and deal with it.

Roark

Amen pdavid. Charlie is a crybaby and jealous of the rich.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.