CNN report, Costa Rica mud slides

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum CNN report, Costa Rica mud slides

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    stevekw

I was watching CNN back in the states this morning and they had a quick picture of a large mudslide somewhere in CR with over 12 homes destroyed. No location given. Has anyone heard of this and know where it is. Can’t find any more news about it.

happygirl

Go to http://www.amcostarica.com/ for more details.

stevekw

Thank you for the link. Very sad to hear of this tragedy. Very little information in the US about this.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Just imagine what the news what have been like in the US had someone ‘important’ like Britney Spears been visiting Costa Rica at the time, that would have been really exciting and front page news in the USA 🙂

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

kathleen6711

so true Scott. Someone brought me a photo from a US paper yesterday afternoon at work and I was frustrated trying to find more info. Having recently purchased a small house in Atenas I knew it was not in my area, however I was worried about Terry and Rigo and Jeff. Having met several wonderful people there in August during the closing process I was concerned. Terry did e-mail me to say although the area is near her home as well as Jeff’s they were fine but did have a friend with 2 daughters and an ex-wife who were missing. Apparently the homes were built in an area considered unsafe but unfortunately those without money are sometimes forced to compromise their safety and health with tragic consequences. I return in November and I am hoping there will be some type of fund I can contribute to, I am sure Terry will let me know. My prayers are with them,
    Kathleen in Boston

happygirl

Here is more news today of this terrible tragedy http://www.insidecostarica.com/ I never saw or heard a mention of it in the Canadian news.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.