Costa Rica Health Insurance options

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Costa Rica Health Insurance options

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    maravilla

Why don’t you just post the whole thing in this thread — perhaps there are more people than just a few of us who might be interested in this information. For me, personally, I can’t imagine spending anywhere near $17,000 on healthcare, given my justifiable distrust of doctors and Big Pharma, so I guess I’d better hope and pray I don’t get hit by a truck or come down with some man-made catastrophic illness! jejeje Aside from that, I am curious about the limits, especially if this 17-thou they talked about is incorrect.

mediatica

From Harvcarp below…. (He had issues cutting and pasting, so here is the reply from ARCR).

Hi Harvey,

your email was forwarded to me, and I believe you are referring to the ¢8,000,000 maximum annual amount on Plan 16. This is correct for that specific insurance, but there are other options that you can get now, including one for up to $200,000 annual coverage. Give me a call if you are looking at your insurance options, there are many

Sincerely yours
    Ryan Piercy

maravilla

Thanks, MT. So is Plan 16 the Caja plan? And are the policies with much higher limits private policies, such as BC/BS?

harvcarp

ARCR will be happy to explain the other insurance options.
    I will be visiting their office in November.

mediatica

Maravilla, I would assume so, but of course due diligence is required!

DavidCMurray
    Participant

We looked into the policies offered by INS. They had varying levels of deductibles, copays and annual limits. None would cover pre-existing conditions which let me out.

Ryan Piercy’s information, cited a few replies above, suggests that Plan 16 with its c8,000,000 (+/- $17,000) annual limit is one of the INS plans, since he mentions that other coverage levels are available.

The INS plans are distinctly separate, not a part, of the CAJA system.

dhsbooker

David is correct on the Plan 16. That has nothing to do with the CAJA, it is one of the numerous plans offered by INS. Here is a link that will give more specific info on the plans. According to this there is NO CAP on the CAJA. http://www.segurosgarrett.com/english/articles/art_details.asp?ArticleID=5 Hope this helps.

16 days and counting!!
    Deb

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.