Costa Rica mortgages

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Costa Rica mortgages

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

wao this is really good information, i am really going to follow on this. I also would like to know in any info about moving all my furniture to Costa Rica. The Army is going to take evrything down there my question is, do i have to pay any taxes to the Costa Rican Goverment for bringing my furniture down there?

DavidCMurray
    Participant

You are liable for Customs duty on anything you import. There is a $500 exemption per person every six months. Just what Customs will charge you on used household goods is uncertain; there seems to be witchcraft involved.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Yes but David, it’s called ‘brujeria’ here not witchcraft… 🙂

Scott

So all depends on who will received my houselgoods ovethere.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Guillermo, it probably depends some on which Customs officer inspects your shipment, but it also depends on what you ship. If everything’s low-value, used household stuff, you won’t be hit too hard. If you send a containerful of high-end computer and audio-video stuff, pucker up.

afone

Guillermo, are you retiring form the Army there? I’m in the military also, retiring soon. IS the Army going to ship your POV as well?

Mike

Well right now i am in Jacksonville and this is my last stop. I have one more year to go. I can retire next year on April, tahts when a reach my 20 years in the Army. But i probably will stay until October 07 to save more money.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.