Costa Rica – No Standing Army

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Costa Rica – No Standing Army

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 88 total)
  • Author
    *Lotus

Now I know you’re just playing political games as in devils advocate. This is what Bill O’reilly and the lot does so well. Gets everyone riled up, good for ratings I guess, the so called liberal against the so called conservative. That’s why I stopped listening to the majority of radio and watching TV, just a lot of nonsense.

maravilla

Civil liberties have already been dismantled. What does the ACLU have to do with the rise of fascism in this country?

maravilla

Nothing we say or do matters in the end. The die has been cast and we are goose-stepping to the tune of Deutschland Uber Alles! Just watch Free Speech TV or Democracy Now and see all the demonstrations taking place across the country — news that NEVER EVER makes it to mainstream media. See the people speaking out against this adminstration’s travesties and see the black shirts beating them, spraying them, kicking them, tasering them — all because they DARED to speak out. Anyone who watches the network news and thinks they know what’s going on in this country hasn’t a clue what’s really going on. And that’s what scares me — people who think they know and yet know nothing! And that’s how the Third Reich took hold. So what’s new?

rebaragon

You basically couldn’t read that post without asking yourself, “Is this guy for real?” But you know what they say Lotus, life can be much stranger than fiction…Let’s hope it was just for shock value or a “let’s rile up the liberals” maneuver, but we wouldn’t be in this “fine mess” if some people didn’t actually think this way while the rest of us couldn’t bring ourselves to think that another US citizen could support and believe actions showing such meager moral and political judgement….

rebaragon

I will protest, write, call, vote and do whatever else is within my power, but in the end you may be right and in order not to visit my beloved Cuba via Guantanamo I may have to find myself repeating my parents exile story! Nonetheless, even exile may not quite keep me safe because where do you hide from this kind to pervassive lunacy! Anyway, in case it comes to that Maravilla, would you happen to have the need for a Tropical Biologist/Bio-psychology researcher regarding nutrition and mental health that could find refuge on your farm in CR? 🙁 Que tirada!

Edited on Dec 03, 2007 12:42

maravilla

You’re braver than I, dear girl, because I don’t even want the thugs to know who I am! I’m just glad I did my terrorist letter-writing blitz to the FDA before this law went into effect, or I might be your neighbor in the next cell in Gitmo! Come on down to Costa Rica. I’m sure we could cook up something to do with the rest of our lives while the sheeple continue to put the crooks in office and think we’re fighting a war we will never win.

rebaragon

Maravilla, I was certainly hoping to meet you under much better circumstances than this as I think you’re such an intelligent and interesting woman, but I do appreciate your kind and generous offer and may just take you up on this. What good will my scientific education be (based on questioning for research and scientific advancement) if I find myself in a country where I can’t even question the post office much less any other government agency without being considered a national risk???

maravilla

The more I know about what’s really going on here, the more I want to completely drop out. The weeks and months I spend in CR without a TV or newspaper are some of the happiest and stress-free I’ve ever had. Come on down and let’s grow baby organic vegetables! Worrying about my 2″ zucchini or baby white eggplants seems a lot more productive than worrying about what the fascists have up their sleeve, cuz it ain’t anything good, that much we know.

Alfred

The silver lining of the ominous cloud today, Chavez lost! 2012 and he’s out, maybe.

Chalk up one for Democracy!

Roark

Maravilla, what you think is frightening is very amusing to me. “This is not an exaggeration.” Be afraid, be very afraid.

maravilla

You couldn’t have made a more revealing statement. Thank you for that. Now I know who and what you are. That’s a good thing to know.

rebaragon

Maravilla, I can’t wait to meet you and I’m sure we can find a lot of very productive and useful ways to expend energy that are much more fulfilling than to watch certifiably mentally disturbed individuals ruin America and the noble dreams it once held for many…

If I didn’t know better, I would think that the administration has contaminated US Citizens with mental illness. Maybe the naturally occurring kind can’t be passed on, but either something has been put in the water, air or TV airwaves to create quite a group of let’s say, alternative reality individuals….

Roark, take this from someone that has been studying mental health for a long time, have a friend take you to the nearest mental health clinic/hospital and tell them that the current events and the propaganda on commercial TV news has pushed you over the edge and that you are now a threat to others…Please do not bring your mental health issues to CR unless you are looking to spend some time at Chapui–I happen to know some administrative staff there that could make accommodations for you, but it’s no Club Med there…People do not normally perceive great joy in the fears of others unless you’re a certifiable sadist…That alone should be making you very, very afraid for your own mental health…

Roark

You are welcome.

Roark

I don’t watch T.V. news… and I love that you and Maravilla think I have a mental disorder because I happen to disagree with you. I don’t think you or Maravilla have mental disorders, I just happen to think you’re both wrong on these issues. I will love to read this forum next year when the democrats lose.

Edited on Dec 03, 2007 17:59

edlreed

So…on the one hand, I don’t know why anyone can already arrived at their conclusions…and continue to “educate” themselves on the situation and make exchanges with these nuts. Find peace, sisters.
    On the other hand, it becomes obvious who has been carried past the point of no return with these war mongers, and their simple “vested” interests have trapped them in their dogma. To these I say…a Costa Rica blog? How valuable your time is. Devils advocate? Stick pins in butterflies.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 88 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.