Costa Rica – No Standing Army

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Costa Rica – No Standing Army

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 88 total)
  • Author
    maravilla

This isn’t about the democrats winning or losing. I couldn’t care less about them; in my view, having worked for some very big politicians, they are all crooks of one sort or another. There isn’t even a candidate that I would cast my vote for because they all creep me out, especially Hillary. I find it very interesting that the Bush cabal has now decided that Iran does not have nuclear weapons, or the capability of making them, because they suspended these efforts more than 3 years ago. Imagine if we had gone into yet another stupid, immoral, and criminal war over false information as we did in Iraq? The issues I have with your views are that they are not based in fact; they are based in propaganda that you parrot, just as you’ve been programmed to do. You do not illustrate what I would refer to as critical thinking. That fluoride must be working. What do you find amusing about our civil rights being eroded? If you don’t find that frightening, given that this country was founded on those rights, then you really do have a problem.

maravilla

It’s the fluoride, Rebecca! There’s a reason they put it in the water. Just look around you. What other explanation could there be for the collective stupidity of some of our citizens? I thought by moving to Costa Rica I could get away from that mentality but sadly those same people are flocking to my refuge. I take solace in the fact that they will want to live in a gated enclave, away from the riff raff, hopefully far far away from the campo in which I reside! LOL

rebaragon

As I’m sure you know Maravilla, fluoride is poison which is one of the main reasons toothpaste is not to be ingested–That’s why I use my delicious well water and test it to make sure some nincompoop doesn’t contaminate it with nitrates trying to keep his lawn green…But now I have another reason to be thankful I don’t use public water..LOL! I absolutely love your humor!! 🙂

Aaronbz

Here in Canada we drink beer. Which presents its own problems. And speaking of problems our own fat little Napoleon in Ottawa (that’s the capital city of Canada, btw)
    se encanta para chupar el tracero de su propio presidente. Still, I’m glad I don’t live in the U.S. with the even rapider slide towards fascism your country seems to be taking (and Canada is not far behind, I’m afraid). Speaking of being afraid, I wonder after reading all these recent posts if that is part of the problem. That we can easily become paralyzed by fear of what our governments could do to us as they pull our freedoms out from under our feet. And of course we have good reason to be afraid. But not to let them paralyze us. Not to let them think that they can control us with fear. Can we do this? Remain informed, alert and concerned, but not hobbled by fear. Can we continue celebrating life, and loving those dear to us in spite of what our governments are doing? Even with all the risks that are incurred? We have a lot of ground to regain and we have to take it back step by step. They are not going to willingly return it to us. We have to take it from them. It is ours. It always was. Even the smallest mundane act can have a sweeping and revolutionary impact, if we remain aware, mindful, informed, and thoughtful. Taking back our lives is not going to be an easy quest, but this is what we have to do, regardless the risk, regardless of the power that our governments have taken from us. We need to remember that love and truth are infinitely more powerful than fear and lies. We need to keep reminding ourselves of this. We need to remind each other. Let no one rob you of your joy.

rebaragon

I agree Aaronbz, at least for now, I rally, I write, I question…but there may come a time when we may not be public about our dissent if we want to live to see the light of day again, but in the meantime I will go down trying to reason with the unreasonable and when that doesn’t work trying to be part of those willing to expose them. The human spirit is amazing and if Frankl could find joy inside a concentration camp, then I think most of us are capable of finding a way to still love, believe in peace and live by it and create more with love than is relinquished with war…I’ve been meaning to tell you that I love what you wrote, “There is no way to peace. Peace is the way.” It may sound kitschy (Ticos/as would say cursi), but LIFE is not a destination and neither is what we want in it…We need to choose to LIVE it, to honor it every single day to the fullest (whatever that may mean for each person) or we may find ourselves at the end of the road realizing that we only managed to survive all those years and never quite learned to live….Besides worst comes to worst, I have to give up my fancy dresses to work on a farm–heck, I would give up much more than elegant clothing for peace! Besides, I have a scrumptious bed of zucchini awaiting me in CR…. Pura Vida!

Roark

Maravilla, Which civil right has been taken away from me? And, like I said before, you think I’m programmed, it’s the flouride, I’m mentally disturbed, all because I simply disagree with you. You also accuse me of parroting the Bush administration. I read all different points of views. I don’t watch t.v. news, I come up with my own conclusions, and I disagree with you. It’s pretty simple really. So go ahead and call me a Nazi, a fascist, or whatever. You don’t make good arguments to persuade me to your type of thinking, and when I disagree with things you write, it must be the flouride, or big-pharma. I find you very amusing.

maravilla

Habeas corpus. That’s all I need to say.

Have you read “The End of America” by Naomi Wolfe? It clearly enumerates the ways in which we have lost our civil rights — including free speech. You might find it an interesting read.

Edited on Dec 04, 2007 06:58

maravilla

It’s worse than poison. It makes you stupid. It was Hitler’s dream to put fluoride in all the water in Europe for the obvious purpose of dumbing down the populace. Europe does not fluoridate their water — gee, i wonder why. Studies show that cities with fluoridated water have higher rates of caries than cities that don’t fluoridate the water, so then what can the purpose be of putting in this poison? And yet, people brush their teeth with this stuff every day, probably never having read the teensie tiny print on the tub that says to contact poison control if you swallow any of this stuff, but heck, it’s going right into your system by way of mucous membranes in your mouth. One of the reasons I chose the spot in Costa Rica that I did was that I do not have a municipal water supply that has been chlorinated (with a carcinogen) or fluoridated. My water comes out of a spring on a mountainside and is pure and clean as it can get.

rebaragon

I agree with you Maravilla, but you may just have discovered another little side affect, it makes people crazy :). Anyway, that’s why I have well water and avoid public water as much as possible. I saw this great water purifying system the other day that filters & purifies (without the use of chemicals) 15 L of water per minute and the thing costs less than $10K. This is certainly feasible for many communities. You have to wonder why everyone is so hell bent on adding toxins to our food and water and then sit in wonder when they become seriously ill!

maravilla

There is a disconnect about what people ingest and the illnesses they develop. Never in my life have I consumed water that was laced with these drugs. I was always fortunate to have lived where I either had a well or access to pure spring water without contaminants. However, there was one hot day here when I was at the library and had forgotten my water bottle. I made the bad decision to take just one sip from the water fountain, thinking very little could happen to me. By the time I got home 20 minutes later, I was deathly ill. I thought the water must have been contaminated with e.coli or maybe worse, so I called the county health department and insisted they test the water at the library. Two days later I get a call from the health department telling me they did indeed test the water and it had perfectly safe levels of bacteria. When I explained how violent my reaction was to just this one sip of water, the health official laughed and said “Obviously you drink well water and your body was reacting to the chlorine and fluoride.” Now I am never without a bottle of my own well water wherever I go — even on road trips we take about 20 gallons of water with us!

Roark

Maravilla, “habeas corpus,” if that’s all you need to say then your rhetoric is complete hyperbole. You are worried about nothing. God has blessed you with such little problems in your life that you feel the need to waste your time worrying about the lives of terrorists.

Get on with your life and enjoy it, you will not add a minute more to your life worrying.

drwaltz

All you left wingers claiming that if you speak your mind you will end up at GitMo or some other camp or even executed.The one thing about If it wasnt for the so -called war monger you wouldnt have the freedoms to cry about your rights being violated because you would have been picked up and sent to a death camp. None of the left wingers have any right to cry about any of their rights because they havent earned them. Freedom has a taste that the protected will never know.You all are the sheep while the so-called war mongers are the sheep dogs protecting you all from the wolves. May God Bless you all.(Hope I dont offend anyone by saying God Bless,if I do to bad)

edlreed

I must guess your medals (you’ve earned of course) must cover your chest…even when you take a shower.
    It is a travesty to even suggest that it is your ilk that provides the fibre of this country. If you weren’t so vested in being the sheep, you’d realize you’re the cannon fodder. Yep, yahoo, I’m a vet. Just remember what you’ve seen (if in fact you have served), and not the ballyhoo you’ve adopted to justify it. You do your comrades no honor and in fact, you are totally lacking in grace.

maravilla

HUH??? What wolves? The wolves in Iraq in the form of WMDs that never existed? What about all the secret prisons? What about no habeas corpus? I don’t have to EARN the right to speak my mind; it was granted to me in the First Amendment, which has now been shredded, along with a lot of other rights such as search and seizure — they don’t even need a warrant anymore, they can kick down your door, haul you off, and keep you from having an attorney. They can search your house when you’re not home and never tell you about it. The list goes on and on. If you’re not outraged by any of this, you ain’t payin’ attention!

maravilla

It’s not the lives of terrorists I’m worried about. It could be MY life, or YOUR life, if they decide to haul you off to one of the secret prisons and refuse to allow you to have a lawyer. Do you think they changed these laws JUST for the terrorists? Yes, of course, you think that. (shudder)

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 88 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.