Costa Rica – No Standing Army

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Costa Rica – No Standing Army

Viewing 13 posts - 76 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • Author
    Aaronbz

So then, drwaltz, on one hand you are ranting at some of us for being concerned about the erosion of civil liberties in North America, while you yourself have already suggested that imposing martial law and suspending civil liberties will be necessary? Do you know what happens when martial law is imposed? It means that anyone can be arrested without warrent, held in detention without warrent, have their homes invaded, searched and ransacked by police, without warrent, taken away in the middle of the night without warrent, held in indefinite detention, without warrent, held in solitary confinement, tortured and murdered without anyone knowing what has happened to them. This is what happens under martial law. This is what happened in Germany, formerly a democratic and free society before the Nazis were voted into power, and this is the kind of danger that is currently facing both our countries and all because of people like you who voted that moron Bush into power and all because of certain stupid and ill-educated Canadians who did the same with that fat little Napoleon Harper. Drwaltz, please do everyone on this forum a favour and do some research and learn what is reallly going on in your own country and in this world before boring us with such ridiculous proposals.

drwaltz

Aaronbz,it appears that anyone whom disagrees with your opinions and beliefs are either stupid or Nazis.You are the one who is the Nazi and yes I do know what happens when martial law is declared and with left wing whackos destroying this great country Canada as well.Do yo have something to hide when the Govt monitors your international calls to Pakistan or Afganistan? If not so what if someone monitors it.Why not go visit Pakistan real soon and maybe YouTube will show the movie of you being decapitated and we can watch.I guess you would say it wasnt their fault but that Nazi GWB who was responsible for you getting killed.Civil rights and liberties need to be suspended until we can get this country back in order from the damage created from the likes of you and your associates.

happygirl

Aaronbz, while I do agree with most of the posts on this forum, I do take offence that you think I am am stupid and ill educated because I disagree with your politics. So you please do us a favour before boring us with your political views.

Aaronbz

1. I was not calling you a Nazi. I don’t know you.
    2. I am not a Nazi. You don’t know me. However, you have just slandered and defamed me in calling me a Nazi which is not permitted on this forum. (Um..Scott? Are you reading this?)
    3. As I said in my last post (pun not intended) please educate yourself regarding the facts before blasting us with these emotional rants.
    4. Have you ever heard of Maher Arar?
    5. Have a nice day. : )

Aaronbz

My dear happygirl. Since I do not know you I do not know what your politics are. Since you do not know me you can only guess my politics by a few remarks that I have made. So, how can I possibly think that you are stupid or ill-educated, even if you did vote for the fat little Napoleon or for that matter, for the moron. You don’t have to agree with me. But then, neither do I have to agree with you. Let’s try to get along, shall we? Are you Canadian? Can you say “eh?”. And can you say “Maher Arar”?
    Cheers.

happygirl

It’s a good thing you don ‘t know me!!

happygirl

Are you talking about the poster boy who took the Canadian taxpayers for %10 million? This is not the forum for discussion about him!

rebaragon

Hi Aaron, These times have been incredibly troubling to all, even the people that voted for Bush because I don’t really think anyone expected or wanted him to turn this world upside down. God knows I never voted for the likes of Bush Sr nor Jr., but I hear from people that actually voted for GWB and are now so incredibly sorry. Thomas Jefferson knew that, “Whenever the people are well informed, they can be trusted with their own government; that whenever things get so far wrong as to attract their notice, they may be relied on to set them to rights.” And I think that barring a few naive people that still believe those that have shown great consistency in their offering of information that has later turned out to be false, misleading or incorrect (which I hate to assume, but I don’t think includes Happygirl since she seems to be aware and judicious), most citizens of the world–irrespective of their political affiliations– seem to feel that something large has gone awry and they hope, pray and act to fix it–It’s just that we don’t all seem to agree in how to fix it, but I hope that none of us stop trying because too much is at stake…

Aaronbz

my dear happygirl:
    1. This Canadian taxpayer hasn’t been taken for a ride by anyone. Maher Arar as we all know is the innocent Syrian Canadian who was whisked away by your own CIA agents with the complicity of some of our own nincompoops for a little “Rest Cure” in his native Syria, which included the full range of torture and other abuses that your darling GWB and his peurile administration have been endorsing, on fabricated charges.
    2. It is not for you to dictate to me what I can and what I cannot discuss on this forum.
    3. There is a wise old saying: never wrestle with a pig. You’ll both end up getting dirty, and besides, the pig enjoys it. So, I think I’m going to save my pearls for worthier swine and if you really need to get in the last word here go right ahead.
    4. Judging by the tone of your commentary: why ever did you give yourself the moniker “happygirl.” Wishful thinking, perhaps?
    ta-ta.

drwaltz

Aaronbz,you feel like calling people that they are swine? Maybe you need a free one way ticket to Cuba at the United States expense and I for one would not mind footing the bill for that.Aaronbz you must have been picked on and teased in school because you appear by your whining to be a huge wimp.

Aaronbz

I was using this as a figure of speech. It isn’t any of my business if you or anyone else on this forum wish to personalize it. However, you are American, I am Canadian, and our cultures, and our way of seeing the world are going to be rather different. Cuba doesn’t interest me. I do not endorse a state that has such a flagrant record of human rights abuses and still tries to cover them. (I don’t think our own respective countries can really boast either, but at least we still enjoy some freedoms) Amnesty International has been barred from Cuba since 1988, and this to me particularly damages the credibility of the Cuban Revolution. There are also good things about Cuba and the Revolution which I do not have time to go into here, but if you do a little research you can find out these things for yourself. I don’t know why you seem to need to make personal abusive comments by the way as this reflects more on you than it does on me. And “whining”? What do you mean by “Whining”?
    As for school, I was one of the cool people. Anhyway, I’m not interested in hearing from you any more drwaltz. You bore me.

happygirl

I am Canadian, and I am not dictating to you what you can discuss on this forum. I don’t care, that is Scott’s job. I choose not to read any more of your posts. However I am interested in all things pertaining to Costa Rica,and I don’t believe Arar is one of those things. Bye the way I am very happy and content, which is why I take your rants with a grain of salt!

rebaragon

Hey Aaron, What’s happened to all those people given “torture vacations” is horrible, the fact that people can still do those kind of things to other people is disheartening, but the good thing is that there are still people that choose to recognize that this should never be the way to any goal no matter how noble you may feel that goal is. Obviously, he sued Canada because under current conditions, he could never make the US pay for having tortured him…I think you will like CR because people don’t tend to think something like that is acceptable and more importantly, things like this don’t happen in CR! “No pierdas la paz mi amigo”– I’ve loved your posts, please don’t let differences take away your enjoyment of this forum or change the beautiful flavor or your typical posts…I know that opposing opinions sometimes can bring on a lot of frustration (trust me, been there…). Unfortunately, no one can change another person’s mind–the best anyone can do is offer information and let others come to their own conclusions. As far as drwaltz, he has basically said that all dissenters should be “flogged and quartered–if not executed”– so there is nothing new there– just be grateful most people don’t quite feel that way (not even in the US). If we love and defend freedom of speech, then he should have his say and all who don’t agree can either respond or just ignore him because his posts are so outrages that answering them just gives them undue credit…The only positive thing I’ve taken away from those posts and actually am grateful for has been his blessing ’cause how can anyone turn down a blessing? We can certainly use as many blessings as possible right about now :)…Pura Vida!

Edited on Dec 08, 2007 07:15

Viewing 13 posts - 76 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.