Costa Rica Real Estate Investment Club

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Costa Rica Real Estate Investment Club

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    grifz77

Hey folks, part of my investment group is down in CR right now and looking for good new projects. Do any of you have any suggestions? Where? North of Quepos and on the coast…only two required criterion.

Stan I already got them going to check out BBE. Thanks.

if anyone else knows of people who like to do business above board with educated investors please let me know.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Isn’t that what this site is all about? Recommending experienced developers with a proven track record of delivery quality real estate in Costa Rica?

We do not allow any old Tom, Dick or Manuel to recommend projects in this Discussion Forum because there are too many people who are trying to promote their own projects who have ZERO experience building anything and, too many people that are selling something that they don’t even own…

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

grifz77

Am I being chastised for that post?

Seriously, I would like a few recommendations…not advertisements.

I guess I should mention that I would like to be able to have my people meet up with them this week.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Not at all grifz777 – However as I’m sure you understand, without knowing anything about the source of a recommendation it’s impossible to know how valid that recommendation is?

When “bigdog777” recommends a real estate project you have absolutely no idea who that is and whether that person is simply a plant in a forum…

I know for a fact that we have people in this forum who are indeed trying to sell their own land and there are companies out there that specialize joining hundreds of forums to create ‘chatter’ and ‘interest’ about different projects no matter how unqualified those projects might be.

Now hopefully you understand why we are so protective.

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

grifz77

Much appreciated Scott!

I trust under your watchful eye my odds are greater of finding something legit are greater than elsewhere.

However, we are not interested in doing business with people who don’t follow a few simple guidelines that we have now set out…sort of a smell test if you will. If they don’t answer five or six questions the way we need them to be answered then we are moving on.

Andrew
    Keymaster

That’s what we’re hoping …

Scott Oliver

PS. Would LOVE to see your “five or six questions”… If you prefer not sharing them publicly here then PLEASE email them to me by Contacting me here

grifz77

1. Can you provide Corporate ID? (Have lawyer research)
    2. Can you provide executed Purchase Agreement?
    3. Can you provide folio #? (Have lawyer research)
    4. Do you use Escrow?
    5. Detail your financial backing for this project? Leverage?
    6. If selling lots/land held by SA, corp ID of SA and Resident Agent info.
    7. Development history
    8. Can you produce water, road and other development permits, plot plan and CC&R’s?

Can you suggest others?

I am seeking firms who pride themselves on disclosure. Somebody that views their product as something that sells itself and doesn’t hide critical details.

I have ABSOLUTELY NO ASSOCIATION WITH THIS FIRM. In fact I don’t like the location personally. However, I though their site was well put together and discloses much information. It would be nice to see more sites like this. Scott, I understand if you want to remove the site but I honestly think its a very good example. Again, I have no association with this project in any way shape or form. I have never spoken to the developers and do not intend to as it does not interest me. What does interest me is the level of detail on the site. http://www.vistasdechirripo.com/country_estates.aspx

If anyone sees something that I could add to my list of initial questions please feel free to add or subtract.

Andrew
    Keymaster

This is fine as an example. I like the level of detail and it’s seems to be a very honest and direct type of site however, I can not see much about the founder’s experience Bill Herle.

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

grifz77

No there is no mention of experience. However, that is a question a potential buyer could ask. But to see the level of detail included on the site gives me the feeling that they would be honest with me when asked about their development history.

seabreeze

Grifz77,

Would you email me your “Smell Test”? I would like to submit potentially an option for your group. Please let me know what is the best way to accomplish this task with out breaking Scott’s rule. I can provide an email or phone number to exchange this info.

Please advise.

Ellie

Andrew
    Keymaster

The ‘smell test’ is clearly listed above in this same thread.

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

seabreeze

Scott,

I did not know if there was additional info and where to send this info. I did not want to post on site in fear of violating a rule.

Ellie

diego

There are no american style escrow accounts in Costa Rica. When you hand someone $200,000, be it lawyer, RE agent monkey or sloth – it is a good faith agreement only.

seabreeze

Diego,
    Just for that reason you mentioned, we have set up escrow in the US. All of our reservations go to state side Chicago Title and are held there until the buyer has done there due diligence. Once they have committed to purchase (purchase and sale), escrow is transferred to Costa Rica Chicago Title and both parties have a binding agreement to perform.

Ellie

seabreeze

(This message was deleted in accordance with the Forum’s policy against commercial postings.)

Edited on Jul 13, 2007 10:44

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.