Costa Rica Votes For The Palestine UN Resolution

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Costa Rica Votes For The Palestine UN Resolution

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    davidd

[quote=”maravilla”] in this age of knowledge that is available at the click of a mouse, there is hardly any excuse anymore for not seeing both sides of this picture. .[/quote]

Maravilla

[b]there is NO truer statement than this!!!!!!![/b][size=200][/size]:D:D:D:D

VictoriaLST

[quote=”davidd”][quote=”maravilla”] in this age of knowledge that is available at the click of a mouse, there is hardly any excuse anymore for not seeing both sides of this picture. .[/quote]

Maravilla

[/quote]

If only everything on the web was true…..

DavidCMurray
    Participant

[quote=”Scott”][quote=”DavidCMurray”]Scott, I don’t dispute a single fact that you’ve stated above, but unfortunately little of it is on point.[/quote]

I would have thought that this was the whole point David…

“Britain had no right of any kind to give Palestine away, in whole or in part, to anybody.”

[/quote]

The point I was going for, Scott, is that all the history, both ancient and recent, is irrelevant. It is the facts as they are today, the current situation, that must be resolved.

Whether the crusaders were doing God’s work in the thirteenth century or whether it was the Muslims is meaningless. Whether Britain had a right to cede anything to anyone doesn’t matter today. They did it. It stuck. There’s no changing it.

All that matters today is that an accommodation be found that makes reasonable allowance for the legitimate interests of both the Jews and the Palestinians who are living there today.

costaricabill
    Participant

[quote=”DavidCMurray”]
    The point I was going for, Scott, is that all the history, both ancient and recent, is irrelevant. It is the facts as they are today, the current situation, that must be resolved.

Whether the crusaders were doing God’s work in the thirteenth century or whether it was the Muslims is meaningless. Whether Britain had a right to cede anything to anyone doesn’t matter today. They did it. It stuck. There’s no changing it.

All that matters today is that an accommodation be found that makes reasonable allowance for the legitimate interests of both the Jews and the Palestinians who are living there today.
    [/quote]

At last, a voice of sanity and reason.

davidd

[quote=”VictoriaLST”][quote=”davidd”][quote=”maravilla”] in this age of knowledge that is available at the click of a mouse, there is hardly any excuse anymore for not seeing both sides of this picture. .[/quote]

Maravilla

[/quote]

If only everything on the web was true…..[/quote]

Victoria

your missing the point!!!

you should never rely on ONE source but a large variety of sources

with diligence and keeping at bay your preconceived ideas of how the world should be

the truth will slowly be revealed.

you cannot ever take anything at face value

I know its alot of work

but that is what is counted on.. that the masses do not or will not dive any deeper than what is coming out of the mouths of these bureaucrats

I remember clinton as if was yesterday.. looking at the american public

I did NOT have sexual relations with monica lewisky

even better was the recent scandel with wiener and his tweet scandel

when they open up thier mouths they lie!!!

this goes on all the time and you know what thier secret weapon is

[b]PLAUSIBLE DENIABILITY [/b][size=][size=200][/size][/size]

and even today you have people that react shocked!!!!:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

I was speaking with my attorney friend about this and he told me about an incident which I had no idea

that in 1946 american researches (government) went to Guatemala and deliberately infected 700 poor Guatemalans with syphilis to test the cure of penicillin

.http://abcnews.go.com/WN/us-apologizes-std-study-infected-guatemalans-syphilis-1940s/story?id=11779633

I can only imagine the atrocities that our government has done.. that we do NOT know about.

very sad and disgusting

VictoriaLST

And, in this age of fast communication, how are you able to tell fact from fiction. Who is posting fact and who posting fiction. We get information from the web, from the TV news, from radio, independent sources, more. What is your formula for telling fact from fiction, or worse, propaganda. I would love to hear your suggestions.

aguirrewar

watch these numbers both in population and years

they all belong to Costa Rica

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigenous_peoples_of_Costa_Rica

in 1502 the population of indians was Considered to be 104,000

by 1550, only 20,000

and a fact remains that they had lived in these lands for over 10,000 YEARS

have you lived 10 years in Costa Rica??

VictoriaLST

[quote=”aguirrewar”]watch these numbers both in population and years

they all belong to Costa Rica

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigenous_peoples_of_Costa_Rica

in 1502 the population of indians was Considered to be 104,000

by 1550, only 20,000

and a fact remains that they had lived in these lands for over 10,000 YEARS

have you lived 10 years in Costa Rica??[/quote]

How did we get on this topic? Yes, the native population was decimated by smallpox and other European diseases for which they had no immunity not to mention superior European weapons.

Andrew
    Keymaster

[quote=”VictoriaLST”]What is your formula for telling fact from fiction, or worse, propaganda. I would love to hear your suggestions.[/quote]

I like to use authoritative sources VictoriaLST like the the former Chief Rabbi of Israel for example – let’s call him the Jewish Pope – who is publicly quoted in the Jerusalem Post stating that:

“The sole purpose of non-Jews is to serve Jews
    Goyim were born only to serve us.
    Without that, they have no place in the world
    Only to serve the People of Israel.”

Rabbi Ovadia Yosef adds that with gentiles, like any person — they need to die, but [God] will give them longevity. Why?

“Imagine that one’s donkey would die…
    They’d lose their money.”

“This is his servant…
    That’s why he gets a long life,
    To work well for this Jew.”

Interesting to see that the original article in the Jerusalem Post has since been removed however you can see the screenshot I took of it [url=https://www.welovecostarica.com/public/I_Am_My_Own_Master.cfm]in my article here.[/url]

DavidCMurray
    Participant

[quote=”Scott”] I like to use authoritative sources VictoriaLST like the the former Chief Rabbi of Israel for example – let’s call him the Jewish Pope – who is publicly quoted in the Jerusalem Post stating that:

“The sole purpose of non-Jews is to serve Jews
    Goyim were born only to serve us.
    Without that, they have no place in the world
    Only to serve the People of Israel.”

[/quote]

This sounds uncomfortably familiar . . . Oh, yeah! I’ve read exactly these sentiments from seventeenth, eighteenth and nineteenth century European and American texts, only substitute “non-whites” for “non-Jews” and “the lesser races” for “Goyim”.

Bigotry is hardly the sole province of the Jews.

maravilla

telling fact from fiction: first of all, do not believe anything you hear on MSM. that is not news, but a series of press releases giving you information they want you to have, even if it is contra historical fact, or even current fact. in order to discern fact from fiction you must be very well grounded in history presented by unbiased scholars. getting your information from a variety of news outlets in other countries also gives you a different perspective. the German news (in Spanish) often has a different series of events than the news in English (from MSM). Same with French and Italian news. Fox News is perhaps one of the worst sources for any information because it is pretty much a propaganda site. And then of course, having friends all over the world who are also astute in their observations about current or even historical events helps a lot. I find that most Americans get their information in a vacuum. With no historical perspective, they have no way of ferreting out what is true, slightly skewed, or an outright lie. The Palestinian issue is one of those big problems — the MSM wants you to believe that the Palestinians are the bad guys; that they are launching rockets (you would, too!), that they are occupying land that isn’t theirs, ad nauseum. But an investigation into history tells an entirely different story — the story they don’t want you to know, much less believe. The history we were taught about Native Americans is a perfect example. We celebrate Columbus Day (he was a murdering pirate, who cared about nothing except raping and pillaging!), we celebrate Thanksgiving (ugh!), and we were taught in grade school that all those beastly savages deserved to be killed — all 40 million of them!! WOW! The truth is another story. Now we have the Native Americans living in concentration camps on land that belonged to them for millenia. How cool is THAT? Have you ever been to a reservation and seen how they live? They live like dogs, or worse. They have no access to decent food, but they do have access to alcohol, white bread, and Coke. They are living like the Palestinians. It’s a sobering day when you wake up and realize that most of what you learned is a lie, or at least distorted to the point that it simply suits an agenda but is nowhere near the truth. I had that epiphany at the age of 8 and haven’t believed anything I was told since, unless I have done my own investigation, and sometimes that investigation lasts decades!

Andrew
    Keymaster

I agree 100% that “Bigotry is hardly the sole province of the Jews” however, this isn’t the 18th century and surely it’s important to remember that this two year old quote comes from a “respected,” very senior religious figure in Israel who is closely tied to the current political leadership of Israel?

As I asked in my article:

“….. what would happen if the Pope suddenly announced that: “Protestants and Jews were born only to serve Catholics. They have no place in the world – only to serve the Catholic people..?””

And at some stage surely we need to ask the obvious question which is [b][i]why[/i][/b] exactly the Jews have been forcefully expelled from so many countries?

Is it always bigotry or are there perhaps other reasons?

To my knowledge, there is no historical comparison with any other peoples, it’s happened repeatedly over the last 1,500 years….

That’s an historical fact but is that “bigotry” too?

Would love to know…

Scott

maravilla

look what happened to the Ethiopian Jews after Mengistu took power: He called the Israeli PM and told him if they didn’t come and evacuate all the Jews he would slaughter them. this entry in wikipedia tones down what actually transpired.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Solomon

And here’s another example of lies told by the media, which most people believed: The Emperor was reported to have died peacefully from respiratory failure. The truth is that he was pretty much beaten to death by the Derg — in fact, he had breaks in nearly every bone in his body, but for years i heard the story of his sad demise from declining health. HA!!!!

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Because this isn’t the eighteenth century, Scott, doesn’t mean that bigotry is any less alive and well. It’s all around us. Ask any Costa Rican for his or her opinion of Nicaraguans, for example. And that won’t be an isolated example.

As for the Pope declaring that everyone else is put on this earth to serve Catholics, it would be considered by reasonable people to be the same quality of bigotry and bullshit as the quote from the Chief Rabbi, so we can dismiss that.

The expulsions of Jews from one place or another have their roots in bigotry, for sure, but also in other social, cultural and economic factors. One need look no farther than their expulsion from Spain by Ferdinand and Isabella for a prime example.

Because Catholic Christians could not lend money at interest, the royal families of Spain financed their campaigns to drive the Moors out of Spain by borrowing from Spain’s Jews who lived under no such restriction. For as long as the Spanish royalty needed Jewish financing, the Jews were welcomed, but once the Moors were effectively driven as far south as Toledo, the tables turned. Suddenly, the Jews, holders of all that debt, weren’t so welcome after all. And the expulsion began.

So, was it the Spanish Jews’ fault that they were driven out? Or were they expelled because it was cheaper than paying them back what was rightfully owed?

VictoriaLST

First: With Charlie Brown, I have to say, “Good grief!”

A parable:

Two people walk through the museum and grounds of Auschwitz.
    One emerges shaken and in tears and wonders aloud: “How could the world let that happen?”
    The second emerges grim but pleased and wonders aloud: “Why didn’t they let Hitler finish the job?”

I know where I stand.

Second: David your history lesson agrees with my understanding of the facts. Thank you. And its not the only instance of monetary based expulsion in European history.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 72 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.