CRAZY TO VACATION IN GREEN SEASON?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum CRAZY TO VACATION IN GREEN SEASON?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    bija

I want to take my daughter (20) to CR in August for 7 days… I love Osa but wondering if the rains will be so much it will spoil it for us? We need some sun / beach time, but don’t want to be in touristy places. Any suggestions / ideas??? Gracias~!

Edited on Jul 13, 2006 12:18

*Lotus

We have stayed in the central pacific in August and had great weather more or less. Cloud bursts late afternoon or sometimes rain at night. For the most part the mornings and afternoons were sunny. Check out Playa Hermosa/jaco or Esterillo it’s closer to the airport considering you will only be there for a week. http://www.casapuravida.com tell them Keith and Cheryl sent you…have fun!

Gr1ng0T1c0

The “Green Season” in CR general runs from May through October or November, depending on the hotel and micro climate. This low season is not just due to rain, but to the public school calendar which goes from February to the middle of December. Tourism is still going strong in February & March, and Easter week is in April when the country shuts down and the entire population goes to the beach.

September through November is the real rainy season when it may shower day and night for days on end, particularly in October.

August shouldn’t be that bad, aside from the usual T-storm that passes through in the afternoon.

3 caveats:

1. I’ve only been South of Manual Antonio 4-5 times, and never to Osa.

2. The climate in CR, like the rest of the world, is changing. It’s a crap shoot.

3. It’s always green in SW Costa Rica. It’s the only place in Western CR where the mountains come right down to the coast. When the weather comes in from the West, the clouds are forced up, and the water vapor is cooled and condenses into rain.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.