cubans in costa rica

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum cubans in costa rica

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jakiana

I’m a cuban-american and want to relocate to CR, are there any cuban community in CR, cuban restaurants, markets, etc.- Please provide information.

sprite

I am not Cuban but would also be interested in knowing this. I am no authority on Costa Rica by a long shot but so far, I have not found nor heard of any Cuban communities. Cubans tend to form communities in the States in some places because of a high level of immigration there. Additionally, they feel the need to establish some of their cultural aspects in a land where latin culture is not prevelant. Neither of these things apply to Costa Rica.

However, if such communities exist in CR, I would like to know of them.I love Cuban culture..the food and the music especially. I learned Spanish among the Cubans and had visited Cuba many times.

grb1063

There is a great Cuban restaurant in Mal Pais called Azucar run by a Cuban called Norbis and his French wife. They used to be in Cobano, but recently moved. Great food made fresh every day and reasonably priced.

La Guagua is in the Courtyard Hotel in Escazu. Habana Vieja is in El Pueblo Shopping Center.

cubano

There is a Club Cubano in Guachipelin, Escazu, that is about 1km in from the 310 exit. The woman who runs the place is a Cuban, she is always hosting lots of different kinds of events, and the food is not bad either. She would probably be a great contact for you. Their phone number is (2) 215-2001.

There is also a great Cuban restaurant in Plaza Itzkazu called La Guagua. I am informed that it is Cuban owned, so I am sure you could make friends there.

As well, my Costa Rican attorney, Yohanka Gonzalez, happens to be an immigrant to Costa Rica, from Cuba, and I recommend her to provide you with any legal advice or services you might need here as well. Her number is (8) 818-0727.

There is most definitely a Cuban community here, you just need to tap into it.

Good Luck!

Shawn Phillips

jassue

Que paso, Cubano Americano. I know some of you guys doing business in Costa Rica and established for yrs that can get you going on some goods and bads about Costa Rica. We can discuss them over outside of this forum to avoid any misunderstandings.
    Joesph Sued.
    Jassue09@gmail.com

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.