Damn close tornado – Wish I was in Costa Rica

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Damn close tornado – Wish I was in Costa Rica

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Versatile

About an hour ago i almost took shelter in a drainage culvert from a tornado out in front of our office. Tornado changed directions and headed for my house 10 miles away. Touched down 2 miles west and then again 1.3 miles north of my house. Rain gauge didn’t even show a drop. One mile east or south got about 2 inches in minutes. The F-5 struck last weekend 160 miles south and 1/3 of Joplin Mo. is gone 1/2 mile wide and 6 miles long.,122 dead,750 still unaccounted for. Thank your lucky stars you are in CR.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Where are you located exactly?

waggoner41

[quote=”Versatile”]About an hour ago i almost took shelter in a drainage culvert from a tornado out in front of our office. Tornado changed directions and headed for my house 10 miles away. Touched down 2 miles west and then again 1.3 miles north of my house. Rain gauge didn’t even show a drop. One mile east or south got about 2 inches in minutes. The F-5 struck last weekend 160 miles south and 1/3 of Joplin Mo. is gone 1/2 mile wide and 6 miles long.,122 dead,750 still unaccounted for. Thank your lucky stars you are in CR.[/quote]

I think most of us from the States have been keeping up with the weather there.

This weather pattern is stronger than most but not out of the norm. You just don’t expect that two populated areas would be hit within weeks of each other.

Good luck to you and yours. The fat lady hasn’t sung this weather over yet.

Versatile

[quote=”Scott”]Where are you located exactly?[/quote]

Sorry about that. I live in South Kansas City,Mo.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Stay safe please!

If you have read any of the biographies of Nicolas Tesla you’ll know that he was experimenting with weather modification possibilities in the 1890s.

Did you know that there are dozens of independent people online who monitor HAARP (High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program – http://www.haarp.alaska.edu/haarp/faq.html) activity?

Did you know that some of them knew in advance – and they issued video warnings – that Joplin was going to get hit bad?

It’s not a “conspiracy”, it’s not “fiction,” it’s fact!

Makes you wonder why the weathermen in the areas can’t do that eh?

Makes you wonder how many totally innocent dead people would be alive today if they had been warned?

How do you feel about that?

Want to know about HAARP , VLF, UHF and weather modification? Want to prove it to a non-believer?

Here you go! Click on the video PLAY button below.

And see: [ http://www.dutchsinse.com/blog/?p=660 ] and main blog is [ http://www.dutchsinse.com/blog/ ]

Scott

Versatile

How do you feel about that?

I feel terrible.
    Where can i view the video?
    Interesting subject
    Thanks.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Please click on the play button in my posting or visit the URLs listed …

alewis

Here’s hoping you and yours are OK. We are in Alabama and went to Tuscaloosa last week to visit friends, drove around the damaged areas-looked like a nuclear weapon had been deployed. Stay safe.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Scott, where did you get the ideas either that the weather forecasters didn’t see this weather coming or that warnings were not issued?

Two problems persist. First, people must take the warnings seriously. Many, including Marcia and me when we lived in Michigan, do not. One survivor who was interviewed on TV remarked that he was very glad he had heeded the warning — this time.

Second, they have to have someplace safe to go to avoid the oncoming storm. Just try to find a safe haven if you live in a mobile home park, among other places. Remember, too, that this tornado had winds in excess of 200 miles per hour. Not many structures will withstand that.

And, by the way, people have been experimenting with weather modification since long before Tesla.

Andrew
    Keymaster

So tell me is this man mad? Or, is this actually a weapon of mass destruction?

A weapon that is being used by the US government to deliberately manufacture weather conditions which will result in the deaths of their own citizens?

Is that what he’s saying on this video?

DavidCMurray
    Participant

[quote=”Scott”]So tell me is this man mad? Or, is this actually a weapon of mass destruction?

A weapon that is being used by the US government to deliberately manufacture weather conditions which will result in the deaths of their own citizens?

Is that what he’s saying on this video?[/quote]

The first question one should pose is whether this guy has even a clue about what he’s talking about or whether he’s talking through his hat. What are his qualifications to draw the conclusions he draws? Who is he?

Second, what’s the reliability of the source of his data? He says he’s including video that spans a time period of “four to sixteen hours”, but how can we tell? Maybe he’s carefully culled images over a period of days or longer.

And is he really including clips from a NASA website, or has he hijacked the logos and inserted his own content? Remember, that’s exactly (exactly) what phishers do when they try to get you to verify your personal data on a phony bank website they create.

Third, what is the actual scientific significance of what he shows? The amount of heat and water vapor from the jet engine tests he shows, as a proportion of the heat and water vapor in the atmosphere over the U.S., is infinitesimally small. It’s a grain of sand not on a beach but on a coastline.

Is there some condensing vapor (rain) locally from these tests? Likely there is, but you can say the same about a busy car wash on a humid day in July. So what? What’s the relative amount of heat and water vapor released from these tests in a day as compared to that from all those car washes?

And how much heat do these tests create as compared to the heat of the tailpipe emissions from the taxicabs that operate daily in lower Manhattan? Think about it.

Remember, the earth’s atmosphere extends to at least 620 miles above the surface. The visible vapor plume shown extends how high? Maybe a mile or two? Probably not.

That’s one 620th of the vertical space of the atmosphere. And that atmosphere covers some 3.8 million square miles of land and water surface. How much land area does this vapor cloud cover? How much influence over the atmosphere can this vapor plume possibly have? Think about it.

And finally, consider that while the U.S. government might (might) be testing some weapon of mass destruction, as you conclude from his assertions, why do they only do it during the tornado season? Wouldn’t they want to exclude the influence of the naturally occurring tornadoes at this time of year? Otherwise, wouldn’t their data be contaminated? Isn’t that a coincidence you should investigate in depth?

And what’s more, why would the U.S. government or anyone else go to this much trouble to create a weapon which, once deployed, they cannot control? Would you own a firearm that you couldn’t aim? One that you would just discharge at random in the vain hope that you’d hit something good? Would any air force drop bombs or fire missiles they couldn’t aim? Why do they have bombsights and guidance systems?

Even chemical and biological weapons, when they have been used, have been generally used only when the users could control the outcome. The gasses used in World War I were only deployed when the gas went toward the enemy. The gas that Sadam Hussein used on the Kurds wasn’t released in downtown Baghdad. It was released where the Kurds were.

Just how might even the bad ol’ U.S. government presume to control the path of a tornado once spawned? Neither our YouTube poster nor you have proposed even a theoretical answer. If someone could (a major “if”), why don’t you suppose that such capability would already be deployed to divert tornadoes from inhabited areas? Or are ALL tornadoes (every one) the intentional product of some sinister governmental campaign.

And if the government could control the destruction wrought by tornadoes, doesn’t it seem only logical that the destruction unleashed would vary geographically depending upon which party inhabits the White House. Why, indeed, would a Republican administration unleash this destruction right through the heart of their own most ardent supporters? And yet that’s exactly where tornadoes most commonly occur. They don’t call it “Tornado Alley” for no good reason. Think about it.

Now, indeed the YouTube guy may be saying that the U.S. government is deliberately manufacturing weather conditions which will result in the deaths of their own citizens. Yup, he may be saying that, all right. But so what?

If I produced a YouTube video that compared the texture of the surface of the moon to the texture of the surface of green cheese and drew the obvious conclusion, would you swallow that (the conclusion, not the cheese)? Would you buy into it just because you saw it on YouTube?

Don’t be too quick to believe every cockamamie theory that some anonymous guy with way too much time on his hands throws up on YouTube.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.