Dental surgery & to visit

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Dental surgery & to visit

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I am going to CR in early December for surgery. I have researched extensively the differences in quality of CR doctors and procedures and find that they match US. Add to that the cost savings…a no brainer!

My other reason is I am strongly motivsted to moce for pensionado status. I will be moving as a single. I understand that over 60% of those moving that over 60% will move back.

I have listed the pluses and minuses over and over and the pluses far outweigh the negatives. I will not be one of those who move back.

I need to see the country as a resident and not as a tourist so I have been told…any suggestions?

DavidCMurray
    Participant

I would make my travel plans to include George Lundquist’s excellent three-day tour of the Central Valley for folks who are thinking of retiring to Costa Rica. George will show you more and at less expense than you could hope to accomplish on your own. And he’s a fountain of excellent information and advice.

You can get details from his website. Just Google “George Lundquist Costa Rica” for a link.

maravilla

learn spanish — it will make your experience here less stressful. never say never — most of the people i know who moved here came with the intention of staying until they died. most lasted 2 – 3 years, a few a little longer. there are huge obstacles to overcome here — the culture, the mindset, the language, the bureaucrazy. bring lots of patience with you when you come.

costaricafinca
    Participant

There is ‘[b]no way'[/b] you can see the country as a resident …[i] unless you are one[/i], and have stood in line for an accumulation of hours, then find you have to return the next day.

You post[i] “…I have listed the pluses and minuses over and over and the pluses far outweigh the negatives”[/i].

Only [b]you,[/b] know what [b]you[/b] expect/believe to be true, so to make a decision based on the plus and negatives, that someone else has determined makes no sense.

While somethings have indeed improved over the past years, the bureaucracy has increased as has the cost of living.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.