deposit money from the US to a bank in Costa Rica

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum deposit money from the US to a bank in Costa Rica

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Any suggestion out there for me, i was trying to get my pession there but The Army Finances office dont want to deal with a intermediate Bank that most of the Banks in Costa Rica uses to get the money deposit in Costa Rica.My wife is there know i will be there on Aug 1st granted if a can get my birth certificate certify from the NY office here on time.

Andrew
    Keymaster

You HAVE TO use an intermediary bank if you are wiring money… All US dollars MUST go through an intermediary bank before they get to their non-US destination.

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

terrycook

True Scott. but can they not put their paycheck in their bank and then let their bank send the money in a guarentee funds…so long as they have proof of the income and their bank will send the money either monthly or quarterly or what ever to the bank in C.R. for the process.
    Terry From Texas

Andrew
    Keymaster

Gotcha… I believe that covered this in one of the other threads at No?

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

Charlie

Banco Cuscatlan for example uses Bank of New York, ABA @ 021000018 to credit account no. 8900112190 of BCO Cuscatlan CR , assuming you use Banco Cuscatlan in CR and can get your pension into Bank of New York.

Someone else in the link mentioned using Banco Nacional as an inexpensive way to have funds transferred form the US banks .

Yes, i try to have the US Army to send the money but they dont want to deal with two diffrent accounts i was told to contact that Bank in NY and make sure they send the money to my account in CR. I have an account in Bank Of America, me and my wife are leanning towards just leave my penssion there and withdraw money once a month. Hopefully in the future they be able to set up sometype of direct deposit.

bradbard

You are asking for the wrong method of delivery Guillermo. The bank transfer thing gets the Army confused, ask for the SWDD!

According to http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,,2008189,00.html

“The US flew nearly $12bn in shrink-wrapped $100 bills into Iraq, then distributed the cash with no proper control over who was receiving it and how it was being spent.”

“In the year after the invasion of Iraq in 2003 nearly 281 million notes, weighing 363 tonnes, were sent from New York to Baghdad for disbursement to Iraqi ministries and US contractors. Using C-130 planes, the deliveries took place once or twice a month with the biggest of $2,401,600,000 on June 22 2004, six days before the handover.”

“Henry Waxman, a fierce critic of the war, said the way the cash had been handled was mind-boggling. “The numbers are so large that it doesn’t seem possible that they’re true. Who in their right mind would send 363 tonnes of cash into a war zone?”

Bremer’s financial adviser, retired Admiral David Oliver, is even more direct. The memorandum quotes an interview with the BBC World Service. Asked what had happened to the $8.8bn he replied: “I have no idea. I can’t tell you whether or not the money went to the right things or didn’t – nor do I actually think it’s important.”

Ask them for the SWDD – That’s Shrink-Wrapped Direct Deposit. A few packs of shrink-wrapped greenbacks sent by FedEx will work fine.

TY so much i will contact the Finance office and see if they can do that for me.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.