English-language books

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum English-language books

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    DavidCMurray
    Participant

Can anyone point me to a good source of English-language books in the greater San Jose area? I’ve found the used bookstores in Grecia and San Ramon, but their non-fiction selections are pretty limited. I’m open to buying new.

Failing that, has anyone figured out a less expensive way to ship books to Costa Rica from the U.S.? Buying from Amazon.com is convenient, but the transhipping from our Miami mail forwarding address to ARCR in San Jose is a killer.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Libreria Interancional has a decent sized English language book section David

They have also sold about 5,000 of my books so they must be a nice bunch of people 🙂

Scott Oliver
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

fhmoroz

Hi David–if you head down the Central Pacific to Jaco there’s a bookstore right at the beginning of the “strip”. I don’t remember the name of it even though I was just there but it’s on your right. On your left just a few steps ahead is the green Parque sign where you can pay for parking if you wish to leave your car for the day, for example. It’s a good store; many many books in English both new and used. Reasonably priced for Jaco.

anneliseped

The Seventh Street Book store in San Jose has a small selection. The buy/exchange library at A.R.C.R. is another place worth looking for light fiction. I always ask friends to bring me books and then I exchange them at Casa Canada (ARCR) after reading them and get double use out of them that way..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.