Ever heard of CR Tropical Properties?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Ever heard of CR Tropical Properties?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    scara

I have and i wish the experiece was postphoned,INDEFINITELY! I found them on the internet,and talked to the first salesman who”qualified” me, his job was to find out if i had the money for a downpayment. Then was contacted by a rude b****** who must have been double parked for in one minute he wanted to know if i’d send him 25 k over the internet without even seeing a property!like i was ordering a pizza! since he rudely hang up on me i’ve been getting calls on my personal cell phone from every scam artist in the world offering me “investments” in everything from junk bonds to fool’s gold!The fact that i’m on the DO NOT CALL LIST hasn’t slowed them down either…BEWARE COSTA RICAN TROPICAL PROPERTIES..I’m not sure if they even HAVE properties to sell, but i don’t NEED TO DEAL WITH GREED..! I’M sure there must be some HONEST brokers out there and i’d like to hear your accounts of whom to use and to avoid.. I’ll
    be with you for 3 months starting january..see you then!

Edited on Aug 23, 2007 12:33

simondg

As far as I can tell their entire site is password protected! This is without a doubt the strangest marketing approach I have come across. I can imagine protecting parts of a site but this defies logic and runs contrary to everything I know.

You say you contacted them online, but I have to ask myself, why would you bother in the first place when they gave you zero reasons to do so?

macfarlane

I also fell prey to CR tropical Properties. I made one inquiry from the internet and within a matter of hours I was inundated with telemarketing calls. I could tell the woman on the other end of the line was reading from a script. Every time I tried to interupt her scripted sales pitch she would pick up right where she left off. I told her there was no way I would send down $25,000 to reserve something I hadn’t even seen. She became very rude and very pressuring. When I told her we were going to be in Costa Rica anyway and I would like to check out the project she hung up on me! As it turned out we drove by their development site quite by accident while we were down there. It is land very off the beaten path and there is nothing there except a gate and a very worn sign. There was no construction going on at all and appeared to be no infrastructure even started. The old saying really holds true. If you buy nothing you get nothing! Buyer beware!

geminigio

This company is a joke.I experienced everything you all have posted here. I even told them that I owned property in CR (which I do) and I’d like to just come visit their property while down there and they promptly HUNG UP…..lol….some of these companies are amazing….They are not even savy enough to scam anyone so don’t worry….they can’t get you past the inital phone call….Get this, after they hung up on me a “qualifier” called me…Yes, right a “qualifier” and guess what he did when i explained to him what I explained to the first person????Yes, Bingo!!!….HE HUNG UP….without a word. I thought we were done but they have called me as much as two months later for a total of one dozen more calls. Listen, ther are many good companies down ther to buy property from. When someone treats you rude, just hang up on them if they are too pushy or improper in any way because that’s what they plan on doing to you if you are not putty in their hands. Been there.

fishrman

Yes, I too, was interested in C.R. property & have since bought a parcel of land which we intend on building on so that we can retire to C.R. in a few years. I found this company to be a TOTAL joke and waste of time. I tried to get my in-laws (who live in C.R.) to take a look at the property for us, but the company would have no part of that and they would only allow us to visit the property after we had sent them the $25K deposit. When we were in Parrita last year we asked a local realtor if she knew anything about the company or the land they were offering and she said to stay away from them and that the land was basically swampland and not worth getting involved with. We are happy with the land we did end up buying and warn anyone and everyone to stay away from these companies. Why would any reputable company require you to put thousand of dollars down before you have seen the property, unless they were not going to produce what they are offering and are trying to scam you? It just doesn’t make sense!

scara

SINCE YOU DID BUY Land IS THEIR A BROKER/SOURCE YOU DO RECCOMEND?

ratishasue

My husband and I looked for land first and than Condo but settled on a gated community because of security since we are not going to be living there full time. We did alot of research and decided that we wanted to build in the Quepos area. We liked the climate there and the property value would go up if the marina went through. We called (ALOT) of companies and asked if they had any land in the Quepos area. Only two companies had property there. CR Tropical was one of them. We found them to be very friendly, willing to please and we never talked to anyone on the phone that was quick with us. All of the gated communities ask for a down payment to hold the land for you. If you do not like it and they cannot come up with something you like they will return your money. We told both companies that we were looking at more than one property and recieved $500.00 from both companies to help pay for our hotel costs. We intended to just buy one piece of property but we loved and picked out each of our lots and even when there was a mix up and the sales person showed us the wrong lot, we told them that we wanted our money back or they could sell us the property at a mountain view price. They sold us the property for a great price and it is an ocean view lot.
    A realtor that tells you to stay away from those places are telling you that because they are not making a commission on it.
    Good luck on your search.
    These properties are not swampland. We know because we walked them and are going back to walk through again in Feb. of 2008.

scara

WE TOO will be there in feb……it’s so hard to tell over the net who’ s telling the truth. you could be a member of that company providing this convient “testimonial” or you could be telling the truth…i’d be happy to see you in febuary to see for myself..stay in touch. we could become neighbors and friends…IF this is not C.R. properties calling lol pura vida

ratishasue

We will be going the 20th and we wanted to stay in Quepos so we found the Best Western to have great prices. The construction on the new Marina (across the street) I think is keeping buisness away but we wanted to watch the work. Hope they will let us have a front ocean view room. We have a buisness so we signed up for the travel card through Best Western, includes breakfast. Check out the web sight for prices. When are you traveling?

scara

We will be there in january and will stay at least through march…i’m sure i will see you then and also here, in the forum until then.. please stay in touch and share any info you think would be helpful and we will do the same.. till then pura vida

FRANK& ANNA

ratishasue

Have you and your husband just started to look for property? Have you decided where you would like to build? Guanacaste? Nicoya? Pacific? Caribbean/ I guessed that you had picked Quepos area because you had asked about CR Tropical. Are you going to live in CR full time or part? When you call these places if you like the company and you like what you see on thier web site,ask them if they have property in the area you like. If they do not, ask them to keep you on thier future mailing and calling list.If they buy property in that area, they can call you. We are on a list with Wellington properties. They have said that they are looking to buy in Quepos and hopefully build ocean front condos. They will call me every now and then to tell me what is going on. Do you have family living in CR or friends? You may decide to buy land if you have family to watch it for you.

scara

we will be there in january for at least 3 months.. we are looking to start a business there.. so we will rent for a while you can contact me at scaramouche999@yahoo.com for all the details.. will see you then

pura vida

FRANK AND ANNA

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.