Eyeglasses in Costa Rica

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Eyeglasses in Costa Rica

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    robsoilman

I need new bifocals. Anyone had any experience with eye exams and buying a new pair of eyeglasses. I’ll just bet the cost is less than in the USA.

thanks,
    Robert

Andrew
    Keymaster

It is much less but you do have to shop around.

I bought a pair of glasses for my maid about six months ago but unfortunately she lost them.

The lady I deal with in Ciudad Colon (20 minutes west from Escazu) has treated me wonderfully and her prices for both glasses and lenses seem to be very competitive.

Her name is Raquel Robles and her telephone number is 249-0038

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

mr.di

Hello,
    my wife bought perscription glasses on our last visit, ready in 3 days, wonderful service and a franction of the price she paid for her “older ones” here in canada. If i recall –she paid close to $700 in canada, and in cr she paid less than $200 for designer/name brand frames and the lenses. the store was an optical chain –don’t recall the exact name but it was in one of the new strip mall in liberia.
    hope this helps you.
    we are heading down for christmas and guess what? we are bringing my mother down with her new perscription in hand.
    merry christmas to you scott and all the vip members.
    joe D.

terrycook

Hi, I was in Costa Rica for 3 months and lost my glasses…went to an optical chain in San Jose and had good luck…however the place said they do not do tri-phocals (sp?) so I got bi and a seperate pair of mid range. However I then found out another shop near the childerens hospital that does do tri and bi glasses….service good, people (of course) very helpful and nice, and accurate service
    good luck
    terry cook

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.