Flying with Sansa???

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Flying with Sansa???

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mustardgirl

Our plane is landing in SJO at 7:30AM. We are going to the quepos area. We will not be able to make the Shuttle buses since they leave at 8 Am . the next direct bus is not to not till noon. It seems a waste of a day to wait for noon bus and then ride 3 and 1/2 hours. Flying seem OK – bit expensive- I think a 10.10AM flight will be OK- thats 2 and 1/2 hours after we land- I am worried that the 25lb baggage limit seems very restrictive. How strict is Sansa with the weight limit and If we miss the plane do they put you in a later flight??

perrobravo

Hi Mustardgirl. Sansa and Nature Air have become increasingly strict with weight limits. More so if the flight is full for obvious reasons. However, they are also inconsistent. We flew from SJO to tamarindo a couple of months ago and went with our suitcases which were 30 lbs and 40 lbs each. No one said anything. On the way back from Tamrarindo they said the baggage was overweight and asked us to pay. I got out of it, but you may have the same situation happen. It’s the luck of the draw sometimes. Our flight only had 5 people on a 16 seater plane. Buena suerte.

cindyc

I have traveled Sansa many times and only been asked to pay for overweight baggage once in Drake’s Bay; I think I was close to ten pounds over and it cost something like $3.00. I think in places like Tamarindo and Drake’s Bay where they are trying to upgrade the airport facility you are more likely to get charged. I’ve never been charged in Quepos. You should have time to make the 10:10 flight but they will put you on a later flight if they have room. Just so you know the Sansa terminal is separate from the main terminal; maybe a five minute walk. For those of you who don’t know this, Sansa has a great deal on a two week unlimited flying pass for $250. We used it once and it was great; you can even make reservations and don’t have to go standby.

CC

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.