Forming Costa Rica corporation for property

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Forming Costa Rica corporation for property

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ls6pilot

I bought a very nice 2 hectare property overlooking Lake Arenal about 3 years ago. I purchased it in my name. It sounds like I should probably form a corporation and transfer the property to it. I could use advice on how to do that. Any info would be appreciated.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Legal advice will not be given in this forum, please consult with a Costa Rican attorney.

This will be deleted

rf2cr
    Participant

If you speak spanish fluently you might try talking to Ingrid Solano Alvarez in Tilaran – email lic_I_solano@hotmail.com. She works for one of the banks and the municipality and appears to know exactly what she is doing and is a delight to work with. I am sure she can tell you the best way to go. If you don’t speak Spanish call Jim & Rene @ Rico Realty, they can tell you which lawyers speak English and who to use.

ibarnon

If you don’t mind me asking, how much does land in the Arenal – TIlaran area cost? What specific crops can you grow in that area?

Thanks.

rf2cr
    Participant

Sorry for the delay in replying – the area is basically cattle country, both dairy & beef. Down on the lowlands between Canas and Liberia along the Pan American Highway a lot of rice is grown, but there are no main crops grown in the hills around the lake.

Prices in the area are all over the place, they have gone up a lot in the past two to three years because new developments are going in around the lake. We have two properties one close to the lake with a lake view at $3.50/sq. meter ($15,500/acre) and another about 40 minutes out of Tilaran with a view of Tenorio Volcano at $1.20/sq. meter($4,444 per acre). Lakeside properties are considerably more.

Hope this helps.

Ruth

apexit

Can you suggest a good Realtor. What would a good lot on the water cost?
    Thanks
    Stan

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.