Genetic Roulette

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Genetic Roulette

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 111 total)
  • Author
    VictoriaLST

🙄 ‘Jeepers’ and ‘golly gee’! I wish I could say what I really think about all this, but Scott would ban me for life for that kind of ‘discussion’.:twisted:

maravilla

spare us. please. and just keep gobbling your GMOs.

camby

[quote=”maravilla”]spare us. please. and just keep gobbling your GMOs.

[/quote]

Some just dont want to or cant mentally, process the indications of Frankenstein engineering……on them for the mutations to their bodies, kids and generations, plus the FM, IBS and other issues……if the Elites cannot kill you fast, will do it slow and plenty of sheeple for it…no haterizing, just saying (after 30+ yrs of research and seeing a lot come to pass)

camby

[quote=”VictoriaLST”]:roll: ‘Jeepers’ and ‘golly gee’! I wish I could say what I really think about all this, but Scott would ban me for life for that kind of ‘discussion’.:twisted:[/quote]

This is rather flippant and condescending……obviously you have a different opinion and judging by the dates of the posts, [u]have not bothered to even do any research for yourself nor your family’s health[/u]…..suckers are born every moment, no? So are willing sheeple…..could respect more if there was any real discussion, alternative facts, thesis,anything really…you might want to move back to the USA, we are replete with Franken Foods…..

A very childish and willingly uninformed post….but, some people dont care about their health…fine and good…..some smoke, drink…..oh well….:lol:

VictoriaLST

Oh good. You got my message.

pharg
    Participant

Not to flog a genetically engineered (or not) horse, but the following article just popped into my consciousness:
    http://blog.ucsusa.org/the-long-and-short-of-long-term-safety-testing-of-ge-foods-part-2/
    It seems that this thread is dying out, so this may be a last gasp.
    PEH

maravilla

while people decry the anecdotal data, it seems to be a no-brainer that there are problems with GE foods. If, as in India, you watch ten of your cows eat Bt cotton, and all ten bloat up and die in a short period of time, i don’t think you need some bogus scientific study to tell you that there is a link between those two events. the creators of frankenfood can tweak the studies any way they want before they are submitted to the FDA which does no independent testing, and is really just a handmaiden to Big Chem and Big Pharma — which is why so many drugs get taken off the market several years after they have been given a stamp of approval. the unwitting patient is really the post-marketing guinea pig. since the introduction of gmo corn into the mainstream food supply, there are myriad gut problems that have arisen such as leaky gut syndrome and a host of others that, when gmo’s are taken out of the diet, the patient’s health improves. even Kaiser Permanente has now issued a statement advising its patients to eshew GMO foods. the big fight now is to keep GMO corn out of Costa Rica, and starting this weekend there will be marches and demonstrations all over the country. nobody wants these things here lest CR goes the way of Mexico with their 7000 year history of maize completely polluted by this frankenfood.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

maravilla, you are, of course, welcome to base your life decisions on secondhand anecdotal data (did you actually see the ten bloated up and dead Indian cattle, or is this something you read about that somebody else says they know somebody who says s/he heard about it?), but others of us would like to get a little closer to the facts.

Without excluding all the other possibilities and variables, you cannot blame the cattle’s deaths on Bt cotton (whatever that is). You need to know [u]what else[/u] they ate, what their health status was prior to eating the Bt cotton, and what the autopsy and post mortem toxicity testing revealed. You really don’t know that these ten cattle weren’t poisoned by contaminated drinking water, do you? Or do you?

As always, coincidence /= causation

maravilla

you’re trying to argue a case and you don’t even know what Bt cotton is???? now that’s rich.

Bt crops are infected — or GM’d — with a bacteria that is supposed to be a natural pesticide, however, it doesn’t work and more and more of monsatans products are needed instead. i have seen at least a dozen documentaries where many farmers have complained that these Bt crops cause death, spontaneous abortions, and other intestinal problems in their animals AND in humans. in all of the instances the animals were fine until they ate the Bt crops — did you watch Genetic Routlette, or are you just arguing for the sake of arguing. sheesh. no wonder this crap is on the market.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

[quote=”maravilla”]you’re trying to argue a case and you don’t even know what Bt cotton is???? [/quote]

No, maravilla, I’m not arguing that Bt cotton isn’t toxic to Indian cows, and it’s not important to know all the details of what it is in order to see the flaws in what you’ve been asserting.

What I’m arguing is that, until actual scientific testing is done, as was not the case here, you cannot logically draw the conclusion which you are so anxious to arrive at.

In essence, what you’re asserting is that, in a miniscule sample of all Indian cows, ten of them were reported first to have eaten Bt cotton and then subsequently bloated up and died. And you conclude from the sequence of these two events alone that the first event must necessarily have caused the second. Of course, you don’t know what else they ate, you don’t know what they drank, and you don’t know what else they were exposed to.

(And, while we’re at it, ask yourself what the toxic dose of organic cotton is for Indian cows.)

It’s like you’re saying that Italian women, who have a high birth rate, become pregnant due to eating pasta. It must be true. First they eat a pasta meal and then they become pregnant. So eating pasta must be what causes pregnancy in Italian women, and we need look no farther for any other explanation.

Or maybe it’s chianti.

Or maybe it’s hot blooded Italian men.

Or maybe it’s the Catholic church’s traditional opposition to contraception.

Or maybe it’s . . .

Whatever, there must be a causal connection because the first event occurred and then the second. Yes, it makes perfect sense.

maravilla

it is NOT just those ten cows that are the issue. This was happening all over India and other places — the scientific evidence is there — excuse me if i don’t have the time to write an entire doctoral thesis to educate you on an issue i have been railing against since the very first introduction of Starlinks corn back in the mid-90s — the GMO crop that was taken off the market when cows and people, and anything that ate it, starting dying or spontaneously aborting. The water buffalo incident i cited is but one of many that led the way for monsanto to be banned in india. gees, david, just do some cursory research — read Vandana Shiva, or Michael Pollan, or Jeffrey Smith. read the statement by Kaiser about why they believe their patients should eshew eating GMOs. you are way behind the curve on this issue, and it’s very typical of the people who argue in favor of GMOs, because they have not done one lick of research. frankly, i don’t care what YOU eat, or what anyone eats, because i’ve discovered long ago that most americans don’t really care as long as they can fill their gullet with cheap food. but i want to know whether some piece of fruit or vegetable i buy has been tinkered with, and asi es.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

(It’s not the pasta.)

VictoriaLST

Hey David, I like your tag line, but here’s a variant:

…never assume malice when arrogance remains a possibility

I guess I’m back. We were in the States for a week.

Not only GMO food concerns me. Also whatever they treat fruit and veggie with in order to make it stay fresh longer.
    About 3 months ago I bought 2 Kiwis, I ate one, put the other one in the refrigerator and forgot about it. A few days ago I moved some stuff around and found the Kiwi again, it was just like I had put it in there. I would expect, after 3 months, that any kind of fruit should be rotten, even in the refrigerator. Must have been treated with some kind of radiation or something like that. Can this be healty ?
    Are those methods used in Costa Rica as well ?

maravilla

of course it was irradiated. normal fruit would’ve rotten by then. and there are plenty of people who think this is a good idea!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 111 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.