Getting married to my Tica girlfriend

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Getting married to my Tica girlfriend

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    nsbbda

I am getting married to my Costa Rican girlfriend in September.I will then move to Costa Rica permently.We are hoping to find and buy a small hotel or B@B and run our own business.
    Does being married to a Tica give me some kind of residency or do i need to apply formally?
    Any additional advise on marrying locals and buying a businesss would be greatly appreciated.

carlosvidal

You are not a resident automatically by marriyng a Tica, but sure it will make your immigration request been accepted easier.
    Make sure you choose a lawyer with a solid track record to assist you on the papaerwork to avoid any ¨unpleasant¨ surprises

Fran

Hi there,
    If you want to find a nice place for your wedding, should be better to start looking for it, as soon as you can.
    How big will it be?

nsbbda

Hi Fran
    We already have a date and a venue thanks.We are exspecting around 140 people.

nsbbda

Thanks carlosvidal
    Do i need to apply before or after the wedding.Can you recommend a good lawyer?

carlosvidal

I know a good lawyer that wont rip you off…I am going to check if hes in town…ill get back to you on monday

carlosvidal

Write to me carlosvidalsanjuanillo@yahoo.com, and I will provide you this lawyers name & telephone

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.