GREEN REITs (Real Estate Investment Trusts)

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum GREEN REITs (Real Estate Investment Trusts)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    taoaqui

Does anyone know of any REITs that are REALLY GREEN that operate in Costa Rica and/or are looking for viable properties and projects? Responsible Property Investment (RPI) is a fairly new concept even in the US, and I have not yet found any who operate internationally. Does anyone have information they can direct me to?
    tao

Andrew
    Keymaster

You have to be very careful with some people who have investmnent funds that they call REITs (Real Estate Investment Trusts). The majority of them are not legal REITS and are soliciting investments ILLEGALLY both here and more importantly in the USA where the SEC will likely hang them if discovered.

When people advertise or speak of anything where people are “investing” they automatically put themselves under the watchful eye of both the SEC “if” they are involving US citizens and the SUGEVAL (local SEC equivalent) if they are located here.

Of course many people with their “investment programs – have somehow managed to get away with this and have made fortunes (ILLEGALLY) but Murphy’s Law states that if you plan on doing the ‘right thing’ – you’ll somehow get shut down and face significant legal – possibly lifelong – problems in doing so…

Setting up your own fund? You’re looking at start up costs of $50K-$100K plus significant ongoing management, legal, maintenenace and reporting fees.

When you first mentioned this I knew that this would come up again.

What’s the solution for you and your customers who would like to do the ‘right thing?’

I honestly do not know. Do we have US attorneys out there that could tel us if perhaps there is a US ‘trust’ or perhaps ‘charitable trust’ structure that might work?

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

Author of How To Buy Costa Rica Real Estate Without Losing Your Camisa and
    Costa Rica’s Guide To Making Money Offshore.

apexit

Randy Has the investment club. Although I am looking into such a thing but want to make sure everything is correct.
    Stanley Putra

Andrew
    Keymaster

You can call it a ‘club’ or whatever you want but I can assure you that since he is soliciting investor’s money he is treading on VERY thin ice both here and in the USA.

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.