Hacienda Del Mar & Bella Collina Real Estate

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Hacienda Del Mar & Bella Collina Real Estate

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    grifz77

Hi Folks, looking for a little information on the above captioned projects. Any information would be appreciated. If anyone has purchased in these projects please let me know about your experiences.

perrogrande

I live down the road from Bella Colina and I’VE HEARD that they only have enough water for the first phase. I’ve also HEARD they were changing the master plan from a “Tuscany” theme to something different. But these are just the “neighborhood rumors”. Its a great area though, isn’t it?

sipp12

Where did you hear these Bella Collina rumors? I speak with their staff personel regularly, who I have found to be of impeccable integrity, and have heard nothing of these situations. I plan to be there next week and will ask them what is up with these claims. I will be sure to either confirm them or set the record straight when I get back home.

pete scott

Yes it is a great area. I want you to know Bella Collina has plenty of water and has not changed the master plan away from the “Tuscan” theme. If you or any of your neighbors hear any other rumors or want any of your questions answered please call me at 347-5858. My name is Pete and I purchased a Villa at Bella Collina and now work at the corporate office.

sipp12

In response to the previous response reporting “Neighborhood Rumors” about the beautiful Bella Collina Resort Development located on the unrivaled Gold Coast of Guanacaste, I can assure you that these “rumors” are completely and categorically false. I have just confirmed this in a phone consultation with both the Developer as well as the Head of Sales. In fact there is not only enough water to supply the project to completion but there is in reality such an excess of water that the Developer has agreed to supply the Local Municipality with this excess supply. As for the “Tuscan Theme”, I can assure you that it is alive and well and will continue to be throughout the construction of this unique resort.
    I have no reservations about revealing my vested inerest in the Bella Collina Development as one of it’s earliest investors. Back in June, after viewing and amazing multi-media presentation in the Developer’s impressive San Jose Office suite, I was so awed that I bought a Single-Family Tuscan Villa. Then in August, after finally viewing the property first hand, the breathtaking Pacific views and the gorgeous “Tuscan” style construction, I was moved to purchase a Single-Story Rainforest Town Villa.

perrogrande

Thanks Steve for setting the record straight. Like I said in my post, these were just RUMURS that I HEARD. However, anyone looking to buy property should absolutely question the water source in ANY PROJECT. I think the experts would agree that many developers will say they have plenty of water with the hopes that there will be. One thing people can do is ask the developer 1. Where the water source is coming from (well or public), if well, again, what is the source? ex. aquafer, etc.. 2. If by well, how many wells supply the project and what is the depth (meters) of each well, 3. How many liters per minute are supplied from each well, 4. Ask to see water test for cleanliness 5. Ask to see the applications from the developer to the municipality for EACH well 6. Check with the municipality to confirm these wells were appropriately applied for and are LEGALLY REGISTERD. These things may take the buyer a little time but, FOR ME, this info provides the proof of knowing my investment has AQUA. Maybe Scott or crbuilder could provide other tips for confirming water supply for potential buyers. On another note, I’m glad to hear “..there is in reality an excess of water that the developer has agreed to supply the Local Municipality with this excess supply.” I guess since there is not currently a public water line from the village of Matapalo to the area the project is located in, the developer will be installing a water main from their source to Matapalo (in the Municipality of Santa Cruz)or to Santa Cruz itself? That would be great because then all us on the road from Matapalo could tap in (legally) for a great water supply! Thanks again for the info.

sipp12

Hi perrogrande…You make some good points about how to go about confirming a development’s water quantity and quality. I agree that with certain unscrupulous characters out there posing as legitimate developers that this is a good approach when discussing infrastucture issues before investing. But the Developer in this case has impeccable credentials and comes from a fine pedigree. I can assure you that all water issues were positively confirmed and resolved long before he ever placed his investment with this property and subsequent development. I do not have the details of the water agreement with Sante Cruz but will be glad to share with you any information that is publically available. Hopefully you can come inspect the property and confirm the quality for yourself so that any local scepticism can be allayed.

Respectfully,
    Steve Turner

sipp12

Perrogrande,
    Would you happen to be a Realtor or Developer who has lost or stands to lose business to Bella Collina?….I was just wondering.

Thanks,
    Steve Turner

perrogrande

No, nice try though… Actually, I guess I would have something to gain right? That new “excess” water supply you mentioned could be used by the whole community, true? No, you see I just live in the area. I surf, fish and do some property management. I think a quality development would be nice for the area here, so I wish the developers well. I dont quite understand the whole “Tuscany” thing though. Tuscany is in Italy right? But that’s personal preference. I like chicken, you may like pork…who cares right? I think the local population (transplants anyway) have become skeptical because nothing has been going on for so long (when are they breaking ground?). We’ve seen this movie before. Know what I’m saying? That’s all. If all goes well I guess we’ll be neighbors soon huh? Take care.

grifz77

Am I to assume that the pictures located at this web address are not actually Bella Collina? http://www.bellacollinacr.com/site/index.html because to me it look in these pictures that ground has been broken. Forgive my ignorance but I have never been on site so I am honestly asking if ground has been broken.

You’re right, the Tuscan theme is a personal choice. But it is unique and pretty popular worldwide. But, in the end, its a personal choice.

perrogrande you seem somewhat scorn by this development? Is there a particular reason why?

Thanks to all for the discussion.

Edited on Nov 21, 2007 13:23

perrogrande

No sir, I apologize to anyone if I sound that way. I guess thats the problem with text. I was just giving you some feedback on your initial post. If everyone read, I just stated what I’ve HEARD. Then I posted some tips for buyers, buyers on ANY project, to ask their developer before purchasing. Just as Scott always says, DO YOUR DUE DILLIGENCE AND NEVER BUY OR PUT MONEY DOWN ON PROPERTY SITE UNSEEN. But I guess, in the end, that’s a personal decision as well. As for breaking ground; I think it would be best for you to tour the site yourself. My UNDERSTANDING is they have only broken ground on the Piazza or Amphitheater (pardon my spelling) but no condos. However, I could be completely wrong. The pictures on the website look nice though, huh? I give em credit though; at least they went with an amphitheater first and not some fancy gated entrace like most of the other guys. Take care.

Edited on Nov 21, 2007 14:10

grifz77

Thanks Perrogrande! My intention was not to make you feel defensive. I truly appreciate all posts. And yes we understand that you were only posting what you heard and not claiming it to be true. I will be touring the site in December. Completion for the unit I am looking at is 12 months from now so I would presume that construction in the area would be commencing quickly if it has not already.

They are likely building the amphitheater and piazza out of their own capital and then awaiting so many presales before they get full development financing. So the fact that they haven’t started on the condos yet does not surprise me. I work in the development business in Canada so I understand the business on a basic level…my error is assuming that it works the same way in CR…which usually isn’t the case.

Anyways, thanks for the time and thought you have put into your posts. Enjoy paradise…I hope to be joining you folks all very soon.

sipp12

Hi,
    I just wanted to let you folks know that the piazza and amphitheatre have been completed and give an awe inspiring view of the Pacific. Ground is now being broken on the first model home which is located next to a lot which I am purchasing. Construction is on schedule and financial backing is secured through HSBC. It is always wise to be sceptical with any knew development so if anyone has questions and would like to be provided with more detailed supporting information,

Andrew
    Keymaster

Sipp12 has had his registration cancelled for persistent commercial posts.

Please “Remember that ‘commercial posts’ where someone is obviously trying to promote or sell something, are not allowed and will be deleted by one of our Moderators.”

Scott Olive – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

diesels12

Its always funny how these real estate promoters always get offended so easily when you ask to do due dillegence or question something they have said. Keep up the good work perrogrande and I would do due dilligence on any developer or builder regardless of their track record.

john

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.