Hacienda Del Mar & Bella Collina Real Estate

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Hacienda Del Mar & Bella Collina Real Estate

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    sipp12

John,
    We must remember here that there can be a thin line between what we refer to as due dilligence and shoddy or biased reportage. I have done my own due dilligence in this matter and have verified through both first hand observation and interview, as recently as this past week, that what perrogrande has reported on this thread is at best erroneous and completely unfounded; failing to conform to even the loosest definition of “due diligence.” So before we start congratulating him for his “good work”, maybe we should look a little closer to what has really gone on here and draw a more informed conclusion before commenting.
    As far as the tendency for real estate promoters to get “offended so easily” when you ask to do due dilligence or when you question what they have said, I can assure you that in this case this does not apply. In fact, I have found exactly the opposite to be true. But when reckless claims or false allegations are made concerning one’s honest and reputable development, one has to refute and rebut these effectively in order to preserve one’s stellar reputation and to protect the investor’s interests. After all, what do we have without our reputation.
    Scott, thanks for allowing me to respond my friend.

Steve Turner

Edited on Dec 07, 2007 15:23

Edited on Dec 07, 2007 15:25

perrogrande

Thanks John. After that last post, I understand, even more now, your point about real estate promoters becomming “offended so easily”. But sipp, i think he was thanking me for the “tips” I reccomended. Let’s not be so sensentive. Oh, and sipp, speaking of “reckless claims”, was it really the developer that said,”..in fact there is not only enough water to supply the project to completion but in reality there is such an excess of water that the developer has agreed to supply the local municipality” or did you just throw that in yourself? Anyone who claims to have “an excess” of water, in Costa Rica, especially Guanacaste, could only be accused of making “erroneous” statements. Still waiting on details of the water agreement. But again, this is just my opinion. Sorry to hear you were visting last week and we couldnt get together. What did you think of that road to the project? Pretty jacked up wasnt it? Have a good day sir.

sipp12

Perrogrande,
    Your point about the importance of doing adequate due dilligence before purchasing is well taken as it is obviously an invaluable tool, even when dealing with the “best of the best.” The only things at issue here are the developer’s claims to have excess water which is being made available as well as the road issue which you have only now raised. I traveled the stretch of road which you refer to here last week and I admit that it was “pretty jacked up”. However, I can assure you that the developer has a crew working hard, as we speak, to correct the damage done by the brutal late rainy season, replete with floods and devastating mudslides. If you know of any local property owners who would be so kind as to pitch in and share the burden of this worth while restoration project, please let the developer know. It seems that he has attempted to solicit help from the locals in the area but to no avail until now. In the mean time, he is proceding at his own expense. As far as the details of the water agreements with the municipality, I will see what I can find out for you about specifics…..Sorry that I missed you on my trip but I should be back in a couple of months and would be more than happy to buy you lunch and provide you with an update. I will keep you guys posted.

Pura Vida,
    Steve Turner
    sipp12@aol.com

perrogrande

Thanks sipp and I’ll take you up on that lunch next time. Regarding the road, yes, they started fixing it Monday and the crew has now passed my house. I have to give credit also; I did HEAR A RUMOR, that Bella Collina was paying to have it repaired. Tell your developer contact thanks (if this rumor is true), everyone I’ve talked with in the area appreciates it. Also, let him know if people were soliciting assistance for the cost, neither I, nor my neighbors have been contacted. But I dont live in a large development either. Just FYI. Hope to see you soon.

sipp12

Perrogrande,
    I am glad to hear that you have seen strong progress with the road project and that it is appreciated by the locals. I will pass the word along and let you know when I am able to get back down. In the mean time, I will keep you updated on any significant new developments as I become aware of them.

diesels12

Steve
    I was not referring to perrogrande’s comments about your development. I was applauding him for his methods for checking for water quality and availability by asking to see tests results, checking with the local government, etc. It seems alot can be found out by using his suggested methods so once again I say “good work” perrogrande!
    As for your comments regarding my feelings about real estate promoters, you being a purchaser of 2 homes in this community you must feel comfortable with this developer but thats not to say I have to. Good Luck!

sipp12

Diesels12,
    I totally agree with the methods of checking out water issues, etc. I was never disagreeing with those suggestions, only with some of the reports about the development in question. I have no reason to doubt the reliability of the information I have concerning the actual state of progress there, as I have seen it first hand. As for your feelings about real estate promoters, I again agree with you that many are too defensive and overly sensitive to legitimate questions and those tend to be the ones who are not on top of things as they should be….the old “me thinks you protest too much” syndrome as it were. I merely wanted to point out that I have found that with this developer and promoters, I have detected no such issues. They only naturally get concerned about reports which are not true. Thanks for your good wishes. I would never try to convince you of any thing you don’t want to accept. We are all free to choose as we wish, of course.

perrogrande

Sipp12,

Something interesting I saw today that you may or may not be interested in, but I thought of you when i saw it. How special of me huh? Just kidding. Anyway, on my way to a clients house in Tamarindo I noticed these new green and white flags on the side of the road just past Camina Lomas to just before the vets office in Santa Rosa or Villa Real (not sure where one ends and the other begins). But these flags were for a new development, obviously large scale commercial. So, being the inquisitive person I am, I pulled over and copied down the web address, http://www.milleniaparc.com to see what it was (is). It seems the developer of Bella Colinia is also behind this project as well. This also led me to their website and the website of their marketing company, etc… No real point here except I only hope that what I’ve moved here for (peace, quiet, natural surroundings, beautiful beaches, monkeys, birds, etc…) isn’t severely altered by all this. I’m not against progress; I just hope its RESPONSIBLE progress. If you want you can email me directly at crbeachrentals@yahoo.com Thanks and take care.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.