Health care in the Brasilito/Portrero area

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Health care in the Brasilito/Portrero area

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    cesca

We will be looking at a development in Braselito and were wondering what level of health care is available in that area. Doctors, dentists, eye doctors, etc. Is the emergency care clinic in Huacas about the only place around? What about prescription drugs from the local pharmacia in Flamingo….pretty reliable? I know that we need to do more “on the ground” research and we have been there twice on vacation, but to actually spend any amount of time there I would need some decent health care. Any ideas? Thanks!

mediatica

Cesca,

My husband and I move to Costa Rica in 2 weeks and we’ll be living in your area. Huacas has a 24 hour emergency clinic and Flamingo has good healthcare as well. However, while I haven’t gotten any prescriptions from their pharmacy (yet) I am sure they are not the cheapest simply due to being a more touristy, high-priced area. If you can go to Santa Cruz (30 minutes) or Liberia (1 hr drive), you’ll save a lot if your talking prescriptions. As for healthcare, the nearest hospital is in Liberia if you need major care. Otherwise, there is plenty of good clinics, dentists etc in the surrounding beach communities (Tamarindo, Conchal, Flamingo, Potrero, etc).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.