Here we go again??

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Here we go again??

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    terrytica

THANK YOU!! For answering my question.

scottbenson

Terry you are absolutly right about the National association of realtors only in the U.S. Unfortunatly some North Americans feel safe with the knowlage that their realtor is affiliated with them. This is a false cense of security since it all depends on the ethics of the realtor.

When I talk to the agenscy in Costa Rica I keep in mind that they are trying to clean up the real estate market. This is why I ask if they screen out the illegal realtor because I belive if they are living there illegaly than I don’t know if I would be able to trust them in a real estate transaction. If in the states a realtor committed a crime they would lose thier practice, even if it was not related to real estate.

One of the reasons why working with the illegal realtor’s would be wrong is, they are not following the Costa Rican Law. What would that say about their ethics? I also don’t belive in taking jobs and money away from the ticos since they are the host nation.

You are right many ex pats move to Costa Rica and want to change it to fit their values. In fact its not just the expat’s, look at the bookies that were put into a U.S. jail when they infact were not U.S. citizens?

dkt2u

Terry, being rude has nothing to do with what I said to you and I do not apologize. You blatantly attempted to fish for business with how you presented your postings. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist I actually have dealings with you indirectly in the past and I suggest we leave it at that. I doubt you seriously want to get into a further discussion as to ethics and honesty in business. This is not the forum for it and I will not discuss it further here with you. It is also not the forum for you to fish for clients…..period.

terrytica

I thought a long time about just letting this slide …. ONCE AGAIN, but I cannot let these insinuations pass when the reputation of our company and the good people who work with us has been questioned in such a manner..
    First of all Mr.. DKT2u is hardly an impartial “bystander” who has only had “indirect” contact as his post suggest. He is not a client, past client or even prospective client. He is an associate of my ex-partner. Apparently this is personal. Whenever any type of partnership breaks up, it is not likely to be pretty and there are at least 2 sides to every story. I will not insult my friend Scott and the other users of this forum by starting (or even finishing as it were) a bunch of mud slinging. I have a clear conscience, and we prefer to let our clients speak for us as you can see elsewhere on this same site. I would also like to point out that defamation laws here in Costa Rica are very strict, so you better be able to back up and prove what you say (which I might add is pretty hard to do when it isn’t true!). Just for the record so you can say you heard it directly from me, I have been accused of stealing my ex-partner’s business and website. It is not true, but people will believe what they choose to believe and God knows my ex-partner is a very believable guy.
    As further proof that this is personal, I present the following post from a thread in which DKT2u recently participated: (don’t get me wrong, I think it is good to know, and I personally have no problem with the post, but talk about fishing for clients…. makes my post pale by comparison, and did our friend DKT2u object??? of course not)

Posted Aug 12,2006 9:25 AM scottbenson
    Yep, if you want when you go down town san jose to get your drivers license. On the courner right accross from the entrence of the MOPT (Moter vhiecle license center) building this is at Ave 18 between street 5-7, is my brother in-laws biz. I belive they have 8 doctors now working for them, Ask for Rafa Benavidous or Carlos. They will help you personaly, tell them Scott& Rebeca sent you. Then if you are hungry ask where the Soda is and they will point you to a good place to eat just down the block.
    If you want to see a picture of them they are on the photo book of this site.
    They have the biggest biz on the block and I will see them this Tuesday and tell them to give you guys a good deal!

In conclusion, yes, I was fishing…. for information, for my clients who are currently shopping in the Parrita area, thanks linlsd1 for providing it. I don’t need to fish for clients, and I will not discuss or answer any more insinuations on this forum. If anyone has a question about my integrity I suggest you ask Scott Oliver, one of our clients, or email me personally. This is not the place for your personal vendettas… period!

dkt2u

I have contacted Terry via e-mail and we will discuss the matter further if she wishes. I stand by the point that the original postings by terry are very calculated fishing exhibitions for new clients. If Scott would like any further details on any matters then he is free to contact me.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.