Highway confusion

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Highway confusion

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    billjacq

We were looking at an on-line ad for a house. The ad states “located 1 ½ miles off the new road from San Jose to Quepos, bridges are built, pavement coming! Located next to the Congreja National Park. Santiago de Puriscal is 16 miles to the east and San Jose is another 20 miles from there. Parrita is 32 miles if you want to go to the beach”

From my search on the ‘Obras Publicas’ and related sites I can not find any mention of upgrades or other rehabilitation work on the Puriscal to Parrita/Quepos road. I have, however, seen several seemingly bogus claims about the impact of the San Jose – Caldera highway on travel times to Quepos, and its location is nowhere near this property according to the map on their web page.

So, is this yet another case of ‘buyer beware’, do your due diligence, or does anyone know of upgrades pending on this route?

Andrew
    Keymaster

There are dozens scumbag companies advertising land for sale in Costa Rica, many of them use what can only be called ‘deceptive advertising’ techniques to fool you into thinking you are buying something that you are not and they will try to hard-sell you to ‘buy now’ because:

1. The new international airport is about to be built nearby or,
    2. The new highway which goes right past our proeprty will be finished soon or…
    3. Disneyland will be building their new theme park here or
    4. Bill Gates recently bought a huge tract of land here or
    5. The ‘insert-the-name-of-a-major-hotel-chain-here’ has recently bought 100 hecatres here and many, many more …

Do your homework please!

The companies selling land in Costa Rica (nearly all Americans) send out hundreds of millions of emails per week (no kidding) but as far as we can see, NONE of them are experienced developers with a proven track record of building anything anywhere!

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

dabulis

Scott,

Have you heard anything about the Four Seasons opening another hotel in Costa Rica?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.