Home Inspections in Costa Rica

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Home Inspections in Costa Rica

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    turkish

I have just seen what I think is a really attractively priced home in Belen and before I make a fool of mysels, I wanted to ask if anyo of you knew someone that could do a comprehensive inspection of the place for me.

Any ideas?

I have been remodeling and constructing housing in Costa Rica since 1992 and I utilize my construction skills and over 15 years experience in Costa Rica to help my clients “SEE BEYOND THE OBVIOUS” to anticipate and avoid costly problems. This week I had the privilege of completing an inspection in the Cariari subdivision in Belen for a couple from Texas who were here to buy their dream home so that as soon as they retire they’re all set to begin enjoying their new life here in paradise. Last week I helped a young Swiss couple decide what they needed to do before closing on the townhome they were considering in Escazu.

Because I have been constructing quality custom homes for over 25 years, I am very capable of inspecting them and organizing all the details into a professional report that can be used to assist in purchasing housing in Costa Rica. A detailed inspection report can be utilized to complete the sale with the purchaser knowing that the property has been acquired at the accepted price and that there won’t be any surprises after the closing. With my inspection report you’ll have details of any defects with the construction and will be able to escrow sufficient funds in order to make any needed repairs. I’ll look forward to helping you inspect the new home you’re contemplating in Belen. tom@WeLoveCostaRica. com

cherie12

Dear Turkish, we are the Texas couple that Tom of Costa Rica Home Builders was mentioning in his reply to your inquiry.
    I have bought and sold properties in the U.S.A. and NEVER have I had the quality, detailed inspection that Tom provides.
    The property in Belen that we had Tom inspect for us, took him 5.5 hours to inspect with another day to provide the most detailed inspection report and recommendations that I have ever seen. Even the builder of our house was impressed with the professional and complete attention to EVERY detail.
    You can trust Tom 150% to provide the same complete, and honest inspection of your property. With his report you will know precisely where you stand for negotiating a purchase price and any repairs or restorations required, and he also provides you with detailed information about the location and neighborhood you are looking to purchase in.
    We highly recommend Tom at costaricahomebuilders.com for your protection and peace of mind.

Texans bound for Costa Rica!

Andrew
    Keymaster

You can see Tom’s articles on this site at:

Costa Rica Homebuilder in the Central Valley – 25 years of experience.
    https://www.welovecostarica.com/members/1550.cfm

Costa Rica Construction – Understanding EIFS Materials & Methods
    https://www.welovecostarica.com/members/1626.cfm

Responsible Developers and Builders in Costa Rica
    https://www.welovecostarica.com/members/1624.cfm

Costa Rica Home Inspection – Helping you to see beyond the obvious.
    https://www.welovecostarica.com/members/1592.cfm

Living & Building in Costa Rica – The Central Valley
    https://www.welovecostarica.com/members/1565.cfm

Costa Rica Living – Adopt a Tico attitude and adapt to their culture
    https://www.welovecostarica.com/members/1372.cfm

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

crille

We had Tom inspect a condo in Guachipelin recently and we were impressed by his work. He did a very thorough inspection of the condo and came back the day after with a long written report of every detail he found complete with a lot of photos and comments. We felt a lot more comfortable buying the condo after knowing its issues. I don’t hesitate to recommend Toms services to anyone that want to know more about the property they are buying.

Chris in Santa Ana

Andrew
    Keymaster

THIS POSTED IN THE WRONG PLACE BY ‘CRILLE’ AND REPOSTED HERE BY SCOTT

Posted Nov 10,2007 5:49 AM crille

We had Tom inspect a condo in Guachipelin recently and we were impressed by his work. He did a very thorough inspection of the condo and came back the day after with a long written report of every detail he found complete with a lot of photos and comments. We felt a lot more comfortable buying the condo after knowing its issues. I don’t hesitate to recommend Toms services to anyone that want to know more about the property they are buying.

Chris in Santa Ana

I recommend to my clients that a construction inspection is always a good idea to protect their interests. If defects are discovered prior to closing, we can negotiate the costs to make the repairs with the seller and escrow the funds in order to complete the work after closing. This way the purchasers lock in the previously negotiated purchase price and the seller receives most of his proceeds now, as previously agreed upon.
    Caribbeansoul

That’s great advice Caribbeansoul. Additionally, some folks that are purchasing raw land with the idea of building housing on it need a thorough inspection prior to closing. The scope of my services varies depending on the characteristics of the property and the owner’s vision of their desired housing product. I typically provide analysis of the specific site where they would like to construct housing and then provide architectural design, engineering and construction plans which when once completed determine the costs and time to build their project. When more complex building sites are involved, such as those that need retaining walls for infinity edge swimming pools or to support homes that are to be built on hillsides, I direct the engineering and topographical surveys to establish existing soil content, which determines the type, size and strength of foundations and retention installations. Nowadays, it’s becoming more important to make sure that the construction plans and on-site installations are completed properly within all legal and zoning laws. I am 100% familiar with all laws regarding land development, construction and permitting and will make sure the purchaser does not buy land that is not suitable for their intended purpose. Many properties do not require this level of service if they have been developed properly and legally registered in the Costa Rican National Registry of Property. However, there are many tracts of land sitting vacant throughout Costa Rica that are not buildable, because one of the governing institutions has attached restrictions to them for one reason or another. A purchaser needs to know this type of information before closing on the property.

diego

How much did he charge?

crille

$360 for our 140m2 condo

belrob

I just had my Ciudad Colon home inspected by Tom Rosenberger. This was a must do 2 says ago type of request. TOm came over the next day and did a very thorogh and complete job and explained everything to me and the potential buyer and then send out a very complete and detailed report with photos. When Tom discovered that the septic tanque and clean out valves were not as in the architectural plans, Tom went to work to get the right people to come over and find the septic tank/clean out valves. He also had someone comeout and repair the door bell that had been working intermittently since July. Tom came over to supervise without no charge for his time. The the work that was done was very affordable as was Tom’s oveerall fee for the Home INspection. I am very proud to recommend Tom to anyone considering or buying a home in Costa Rica. Thanks Tom for a can do and will do attitude. Sincerely, Belinda and Robin Auld

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.