I need help with my first trip to Costa Rica

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum I need help with my first trip to Costa Rica

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    dsebeny

hi ya’ll – I’m getting ready to visit San Ramon starting on the 9th of June for a two week stay. I’m in the process of lining up several properties I would like to visit with a few realtors. My plan is to rent a car and see the country. I guess the main thing is – is this a smart way to do it? and having a hard time finding motels online except for the “big ones” open for suggestions

DavidCMurray
    Participant

You would greatly benefit from spending four days and about $1,100 on George Lundquist’s tour of the Central Valley. It’s specifically aimed at folks thinking of moving to Costa Rica. George will show you a number of locations and he’s a wellspring of information.

dsebeny

Thannk you so much for the reply, would by chance you know his phone number or website?

paparella

if you need help with places to stay , things to do and see ..you need to contact jonathan sedo .. a really good guide /driver in costa rica .. jonathansedo@hotmail.com

DavidCMurray
    Participant

George Lundquist’s website is: http://www.costaricaretireonss.com. His phone number will be there. Tell him Dave Murray sent you.

drummerdaveb

This is your first time to Costa Rica, and you’re looking for properties?
    No offense, but that’s a bad idea.
    How can you know you will want to live/own property in a country you’ve never even been to?

As far as motels go, just drive to where you want to go, find a motel, ask their price, ask to see the room, then decide if you want to stay there. Overall, the cheap motels are very clean, although simple. You dont really need to stay at a big name hotel, unless you want luxury.

dsebeny

Thanks for your response on motels, I really don’t like the big hotels, I’m just a florida craker and like simple things.
    As far as looking at properties yes, I’m interested in looking at different properties which might be available and what the prices run, besides the online realtors.
    I’m a long way from buying any property, but shopping and looking seems to me logical. I love sight seeing don’t get me wrong, I also know that finding a nice spot to watch a sunset is what I’m looking for. Put me on 50 plus acres where I feel at home I can live and enjoy anywhere.
    My last business I owned was in multi-family housing and dealt with a few families from CR, if 5% of rural people are like them and their extended families how can you go wrong?
    Thanks again for the reply and I’m always ready to listen and learn.
    Dan

drummerdaveb

Ok, just as long as you’re only window-shopping. 🙂

And good point about the people. They’re one of the best things about CR.

maravilla

I bought property on my first trip to Costa Rica. My house is now finished and it was the best thing I’ve ever done. It might be the wrong thing for most people, but there are some of us who know intuitively when we’ve found the place we want to live.

ranchos

Hola Dan:

We live in San Ramon, love to met you while you´re here.

I can suggest http://www.vidatropical.com as a good place near the airport where
    to spend your first and last nights.

I am from Cuba, but lived in FL all my life, feel part cracker myself, having spent some wonderful years in Gainesville when it was still a small town, in the Golden Years of Ray Graves (Bull Gator) and Spurrier (the player years, not the coach years). All three of my kids graduated from UF, so during the years I’ve been going up to Gainesville for games and visits, it’s sure grown into a real city now, not the little town I remember, but I still bleed Orange and Blue. My best friend and frat brother is coming from Kissimmee to check CR out next week, he’s a bonafide cracker.

I also recommend George´s tour, he always comes up to San Ramon during his tour and he’s a good friend.

email me at ranchos@racsa.co.cr

Cheers,

Jose

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.