Importing Furniture to Costa Rica

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Importing Furniture to Costa Rica

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

How much in taxes i would have to pay to bring my furniture to Costa Rica. The army is going to ship everything to Costa Rica. i just would like to know any prices on taxes that the goverment may charge for my stuff. Thank you.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

The Customs process seems to be an occult art. It’s impossible to guess at what your duty will be.

You must provide a comprehensive list of each and every item (box, piece of furniture, etc) in your container and each must be numbered. List the items as “used” and be vague.

dwaynedixon

I’ve heard that furniture is very cheap in CR so sell what you have and buy it in CR.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

What you say is true, Dwayne, as long as you don’t have enough other stuff that you want to bring to justify a container, and as long as you are comfortable with the style of furniture that’s commonly available here. If your tastes do not run to the traditional, then you can find some things in a few places, but prices are comparable to the U.S.

If, on the other hand, you have more than a small crateful of things you want to bring, you may as well get a container and you may as well fill it up.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.