Inflatable Boats in Costa Rica

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Inflatable Boats in Costa Rica

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    rpulmer

I am interested in a “zodiac” style inflatable for the Sierpe River – Does anyone know if this type of water craft is available in Costa Rica or Panama?

Andrew
    Keymaster

Yes they are, there is even an American company here which builds these boats here in Costa Rica for the US market. They advertise in the Tico Times

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

tominbvi

There is a very good quality local Inflatable Mfg called Apex located in Alajuela. In the past I have pesonally sold many of these inflatables in the BVI to the charter industry and private clients.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Apex Inflatables make “rigid inflatable boats”(“RIB”s) here in Costa Rica. They have two locations right alongside the autopista in Alajuela (I think) and between the airport and LaGarrita. These boats feature a rigid fiberglass deck and a multi-chamber flotation system around the sides. In the water, they look like a Zodiac, but the bottom and transom provide a better placement for an outboard motor. Apex Inflatables are very stable and get better propulsion per horsepower than a conventional small boat.

Apex has a website. Do a Google search.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.