Is Costa Rica celebrating the new President?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Is Costa Rica celebrating the new President?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    normita

Does Costa Rica have celebrations tomorrow for the inauguration of the new President?

Andrew
    Keymaster

I don’t believe I have seen any news about such an event, you might inquire with the US Embassy [ http://sanjose.usembassy.gov/embinfo.html ] who would probably know if there’s one planned.

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

orcas06

Why would Costa Rica celebrate the inauguration of a US president??? Many Costa Ricans may be very happy about the new president but I doubt they will be dancing in the streets like they do when La Selección wins a game.

sprite

If Obama gives his inaugaration speech in the uniform of Costa Rica’s soccer team, I suspect he might make page two in La Nacion. Otherwise, “a quien le importa?”

bradbard

The Jewish community in Costa Rica will celebrate.

According to a nationally prominent Zionist spokesperson, former Congressman, Federal Judge, White House Counsel to President Bill Clinton and early backer of Obama, Abner Mikvner, “Barack Obama is the first Jewish President”.

If you are a fellow US citizen have any self respect left or any concern about what is happening to our once fine country then you gotta read this article Barack Obama: “America’s First Jewish President” http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article21449.htm

Then read – Chaim Weizmann, President of the World Jewish Congress, Head of the Jewish Agency and later President of Israel, said in a Speech on December 3, 1942, in New York. “We are not denying and are not afraid to confess that this war is our war and that it is waged for the liberation of Jewry… Stronger than all fronts together is our front, that of Jewry. We are not only giving this war our financial support on which the entire war production is based, we are not only providing our full propaganda power which is the moral energy that keeps this war going. The guarantee of victory is predominantly based on weakening the enemy forces, on destroying them in their own country, within the resistance. And we are the Trojan horses in the enemy’s fortress. Thousands of Jews living in Europe constitute the principal factor in the destruction of our enemy. There, our front is a fact and the most valuable aid for victory.”

The joke doing the rounds of the British Union of Fascists at this time, was that the Jewish national anthem was, ‘Onward Christian Soldiers.’

As thousands of our non-Jewish US citizens die in Middle East wars choreographed by our Jewish controllers, this is still their national anthem.

‘Onward Christian Soldiers.’

In 1941, the editor Edward Dowling wrote: “The two greatest obstacles to democracy in the United States are, first, the widespread delusion among the poor that we have a democracy, and second, the chronic terror among the rich, lest we get it.”

What has changed with Obama?

Nothing has changed with Obama!

Obama talks of hope and change and never defines what he’s hoping for or what change he wants. It was a genius campaign but we – non-Jews – are all going to be very disappointed with Obama.

His first appointment for Chief of Staff – Rahm Emanuel, his father Dr. Benjamin Emanuel was a member of the Jewish terrorist group, Irgun (led by Menachem Begin) that was responsible for killing both British citizens and Palestinians. Irgun famously massacred an entire village, Deir Yassin. Menachem Begin even boasted of this terrorist massacre of the village in his book “The Revolt”.

What a great message that appointment sends to the rest of the world.

Obama will not make things better, he will make things much worse.

As Ariel Sharon said: “The Arabs may have the Oil, but we have the matches”.

We must wake up real soon.

“He (Obama) will have to tell Israel a few home truths: that America can no longer remain uncritical in the face of Israeli army brutality and the colonisation for Jews and Jews only on Arab land. Obama will have to stand up at last to the Israeli lobby (it is, in fact, an Israeli Likud party lobby) and withdraw Bush’s 2004 acceptance of Israel’s claim to a significant portion of the West Bank. US officials will have to talk to Iranian officials – and Hamas officials, for that matter. Obama will have to end US strikes into Pakistan – and Syria”. Robert Fisk, U.K. Independent, Obama Has to Pay for Eight Years of Bush’s Delusions. He will have to get out of Iraq, and he will have to tell Israel a few home truths, November 8, 2008

klyonkers3

oh brother…

maravilla

I just hope he makes them stop bombing Gaza. Is that even a possibility? who knows?

sprite

I admit I don’t understand what is going on in the middle east. But I get very, very nervous when I hear American fascist rhetoric. Let’s keep the fasism where it seems to do well, in the U.S. and keep it far away from Costa Rica, please.

I have Israeli freinds in Costa Rica. My impression is that they are there to escape the consequences of state terrorism. I am sure a lot of Americans are in Costa Rica with similar sentiments.

grb1063

I am curious as to how many hundreds of millions of dollars are being spent today on someone has not accomplished anything and continually preaches “sacrifice”.

Andrew
    Keymaster

The estimated costs vary wildly depending on what you read:

[ http://money.cnn.com/2009/01/16/news/economy/inauguration_costs/index.htm ]

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) — The total cost of the inauguration of the 44th President of the United States will likely top $150 million by the time the galas and streamers and porta-pots are all cleaned up.

The reason it’s hard to know how much this – or any of the other 55 presidential inaugurals – costs is that there’s no one entity overseeing all of the related events. The $150 million is an estimate, and it is compiled from other estimates, so the figure is fluid.

——————————————-

[ http://www.livemint.com/2009/01/20140724/Obama8217s-inauguration-lik.html?h=E ]

New York: Despite country facing worst economic downturn since great depression, Barack Obama’s inauguration will come with a hefty price tag estimating at more than $170 million, a media report said on Tuesday.

But there are plenty of rich donors willing to pick up the tab, ABC News said.
    “They are not the $20 and $50 donors who helped propel Obama through Election Day,” Massie Ritsch, communications director for the Center for Responsive Politics, is quoted as saying. “These are people giving mostly $50,000 apiece. They tend to be corporate executives, celebrities, the elite of the elite.”

The biggest group of donors were none other than the recently bailed-out Wall Street executives and employees, Ritsch said. “The finance sector is well represented, despite its recent troubles. Those who worked in finance still managed to pull together nearly $7 million for the inauguration.”

———————————————–

Is it just me or is there something wrong with this scenario in bold?

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

DavidCMurray
    Participant

We don’t have a new President, normita. President Arias will be around for a couple more years. It’s the United States that has the new President. They’re celebrating there.

countdown

Based upon the stock market reaction, it is a bleak, black beginning… Obama’s inauguration gave the biggest inauguration market plummet in history… We can only hope for a ray of sunshine in the future…
    CD

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.