Jaco Has Big Condo Inventory?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Jaco Has Big Condo Inventory?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    nimbus

I receive randy bergs newsletter and he says that “Brokers in Jaco are frantically trying to sell condos at drastically reduced prices. (big pushes from the biggies and even bigger commissions to jump start projects…) Inventories remain well over 2,000 units with no end in sight.”

Would you say that’s correct?

Andrew
    Keymaster

I haven’t made a count recently ‘Nimbus’ but there certainly are NOT 2,000 completed condos for sale in Jaco but we’ll try and get a more accurate number for you if you’ll give me a few hours.

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

sumaSal

Scott is right, there are NOT 2,000 completed condos for sale. Maybe they add the “temporarily postponed” projects.

lewkeim

50 at Sonesta Jaco. In the first building and the second planned building never started.
    Thats another 150.

lisle55

There isn’t even close to 2000 condos in Jaco. I will get you the exact numbers by tomorrow. It blows my mind that people just come up with this numbers out of the blue with no facts.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Lisle Head is a professional Realtor working in Jaco – who lives there, knows all the developers and understand the Jaco condo market better than anyone we know, Lisle has confirmed that:

830 condos in Jaco are 100% complete.
    330 condos in Jaco are presently under construction and..
    270 condos in Jaco are in pre-construction.

That’s a grand total of 1,430 condos and only 454 will be beachfront and of those 454 only 245 are completed.

Based on this information, Randy Berg’s statement that “Brokers in Jaco are frantically trying to sell condos at drastically reduced prices. (big pushes from the biggies and even bigger commissions to jump start projects…) Inventories remain well over 2,000 units with no end in sight” makes for sensational headlines but:

1. Fire sales can be found in any market but we but we have not see “drastically reduced prices” in Jaco and …
    2. Inventories are not “well over 2,000 units with no end in sight.” Inventories are not even close to 2,000 units.

We’ve all heard the expression that “all real estate is local” and this is another clear sign that it’s best to get your facts from people on the ground in a specific location.

You can see Lisle’s video at: [ https://www.welovecostarica.com/public/1665.cfm ]

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

turkish

Dont know if you seen them but Randy Berg has online advertisements with headlines saying

Worst realtor In Costa Rica

Then they say

Find Out what “reality” is in Costa Rica You’ll be SURPRISED

IMHO he is correct. In pulling these Jaco numbers out of the thin air he has proved to all of us he is the worst Realtor in Costa Rica and his “reality” in reality, is fantasy.

Je! Je!

sumaSal

The COSTA LINDA in Jaco reduced prices drastically. They accept almost any reasonable offer. It is not in the magazines, not on the phone, but just have a talk with the general manager….

CrEnvy

Don’t really mean to jump on the Randy Berg/Rhonda Berg slam train, but I do need to share my experience here for some:

Last month I visited Randy, Rhonda and CR Home, took a look at his Playa Azul “Pueblo Escondido Property”, not knowing the area I THOUGHT what a nice developmet this was. In fact, Randy went on to say how ALL the realtors in the area/Jaco etc had no idea about the area when I had concerns about flooding, crocs and the Tarcoles…….He said it was a non issue, would not flood and the River was not polluted…..I thankfully found out otherwise and did not buy from him, although I almost did. This guy is a wolf in sheeps clothing as far as I am concerned.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

There are self-annointed “Realtors”(tm) (they are not) who are adept at formulating a self-serving answer to any question. You should be very, very wary.

wspeed1195

your so right. and they are in A list of at least A hundred I’ve seen operating in the Jaco area.
    sadly the liscensed ones are seemingly as shady.I know one kid,A Tico,that were anyone to ask me about who,what where why and,did I say who?that I’d recommend.
    oh,and he’s local,been local by birth and since he was 17 working with the market.liscensed to sell and broker.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

There is no (NO) licensure of real estate agents or brokers in Costa Rica. If there is any sort of a Board of Realtors in the formal sense of the term, very, very few of those selling real estate or representing themselves as “Realtors” belong to it.

wspeed1195

my friends office is right behind the monkey bar. he attended A program for several weeks in the city.then was certified to bring A sale through stages that normally require the services of A lawyer.which in the end for the stamping and the registro cert. you must use.
    what he’s done in my eyes is seemingly much better that the great majority that use cafes for net service,drive A hoopty,or A bicycle,then rent A fatty ride and play dress-up the monkey when it’s time to show real estate.
    as A contractor,back in the states I was unimpressed with RE agents and their less than moral ethics.
    and to see them come to costa and ply their trade without regulation?disgusting.

grifz77

DavidCMurray, aren’t all “Realtors” in CR “self-annointed”? And my experience has been that the lack of a governing body and any sort of MLS serivice, along with legal loopholes makes CR real estate more difficult to deal in than more traditional markets.

grifz77

Agreed.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.