Just starting our investigation about moving to Costa Rica

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Just starting our investigation about moving to Costa Rica

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    camby

Making money, not having to do work is nice sounding, provided one hires a good and reliable employee who will not rob you blind or good off……CR to be sure has plenty of goof offs like any other peoples/nations do, though most seem more hard working then many in the states in general……..
    Again, the law is good, but one has to wonder about enforcement and perhaps, some tweaks to the law, esp if an employee gets sick in the above noted example. Arresting and detaining is rather harsh, as opposed to a small fine and again, a fine in line with circumstances…..otherwise, said buisness would be a mess teh next day, esp if I could not even turn the lock…..

maravilla

i heard of one restaurant owner getting busted and deported.

costaricafinca
    Participant

No small fine or tweaks allowed …just possibly deportion.
    You would even be permitted to clean up the bathroom after your emplyee threw up….:oops:

camby

[quote=”costaricafinca”]No small fine or tweaks allowed …just possibly deportion.
    You would even be permitted to clean up the bathroom after your emplyee threw up….:oops:[/quote]

guess the poor guy would have to stop puking to clean or let it sit and nastier the next day 😥
    Know of a guy that had a catering buisness and he forgot to get his papers for residancy in order and got deported, could not return for a long time, wound up selling to his partner….

costaricafinca
    Participant

Some of us ‘old timers’ know that guy too…

camby

[quote=”costaricafinca”]Some of us ‘old timers’ know that guy too…[/quote]

My dad was telling me the story, guess the guy goes to church with him and is in the K of C, really bummed he is back here and not in CR…..

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.