Lead the Attack

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Lead the Attack

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    diego

Vegaskite how right you are.

So here is a new information topic.

The problem is many people who participate here have little or maybe no CR experience and want to say something so they draw correlations. Excluding them would not be nice.

So take it with a grain of salt and just skip the US stuff – and I am a big fan of the US but dislike its goverment, most of its women and the system that feminizes men and makes women masculine (Sorry pet pieve couldn’t resist), marketing machine, consumerism etc etc etc..

My point is: Beware of the CR attorney who wants to educate you. You do not need an education on CR law theory – you need results. The education takes time and CR attorney bill for time (do you see where I am going with this?). Save your pocket book and be proactive, Some of the first things attorney will tell you when someone moves a fence line or even squats on your property is “Don’t worry, leave them a lone and we will handle it in the courts.

Listen up everyone because I am going to give you all some advice that I always charge for (because Scott is so generous I am also inclined to be so). Make the other person look for an attorney. I am going to repeat that as it seems simplistic: Make the other person look for an attorney!

In other words, move that fence line back immediately. Take all the squatter possessions off your land and bring them to the police station or put them in a tidy pile on the street. If he will not leave your land forcefully remove him and then hire a 24/7 caretaker with cajones.

You have to be bold and confrontational. Ticos hate it and even more so do attorneys. They shutter at the idea of being proactive, which is a part of being dynamic.

In CR you must lead the attack when you are under attack. If you don’t be prepared to pay for being timid.

vegasknite

Hi Diego: Sounds like things were in the wild west between farmers and ranchers. What are the chances that you will face criminal charges if you take such actions and then have to hire a criminal attornet instead of the civil one. Don’t get my question wrong I have the cajones and would much prefere to pay the right caretaker and have a quick resolution than go through the legal system and pay and pay while waiting and waiting.

In my case I doubt if I would ever fall into that type of situation since I am looking at the purchase of a condo inside a 24 hr security complex. But I could see it coming up if I purchased a used car and was cheated with an unclear title or some other form of fraud.

I was raised to protect my family, myself, and my belongings. I never looked for a fight walked away from as many as I could but I never gave up my lunch money in school. I also though at my age don’t want to spend a hour inside a jail cell that’s why I asked how the police might be used to bring criminal charges in cases where you defend your property by those methods you mentioned.

I truly respect you taking the time to share this information with us offering an option to hiring an attorney to resolve such issues.

vegasknite

Diego: I wanted to add this, I too am a patriot and I don’t live with my head in the sand. I dislike many of the changes that have taken place within the US through my life, I agree & I dislike many of the US women and the way many men have changed into whimps. I dislike many of the policy changes in our government I dispise the loss of individually owned business and the creation of big box business. Those reasons along with the ability to live a better life on less income are some of my reasons for leaving the US. I love the lifestyle I see for myself in Costa Rica which will require many changes in my mind set some of those changes will take me back to how I use to think and live. I want to enjoy a slower life filled with peace the ability to enjoy smoking Cuban cigars dining at family owned and operated business shopping at farmers markets interacting with women that understand and like their role in life. I don’t wish to live like a King drive a big expensive flashy car wear designer label clothing damn I am happy in shorts tee shirts and berks. I want to leave all my suits and ties behind except maybe one that will sit in the closet for funerals. I never owned jewelery except a cheap watch so that isn’t an issue for me. I really have no interest in changing Tico’s to an American’s way of doing anything including business. I am a believer learn the rules so you can play the game and I am here to learn the rules be it a fast food lesson. I am able to read between the lines and figure out who is spewing rhetoric and who is writing from experience. Which is why I thank you GringoTico and others for the lessons you have shared and I ignore others who I will not mention by name. I sincerly do thanks you men and women and Scott Oliver for his input & for facilitating the venue.

diego

Your appreciation is noted from my side – again good luck and your point of view coincides with mine (by the way). It refreshing to hear again and again that men are finally catching on to what whimps they have become in the US. Welcome to CR and may you live long and propsper – oh yeah, dont forget “go forth and multiply.”

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.