Mailing address in Miami

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Mailing address in Miami

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    DavidRushton

Since we sold our home in Florida and moved everything to Costa Rica we are not quite sure what to do about the address for our credit cards. If we rent a box at “Mail Boxes etc” that has an actual street address with an unclassified number (which we could say is an apartment number) will this satisfy the bank,s need for a street address? If not can anyone suggest a better way?

mediatica

David, the CC companies will need an actual US address. (At least ours request this). We obtained a virtual mail box through Aerocasillas (www.aeropost.com). The actual address is like this:

SJO 12345
    PO BOX 25331
    Miami, FL 33102

If you live in the Central Valley you can get delivery to your home. If not (like me) we pick it up at the nearest Tralapa station. We’ve had this service for 3 years and have been happy overall. You can receive regular mail and packages through this service.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

We, too, use Aerocasillas for mail and package forwarding. In our experience, it is much cheaper than Mail Boxes, Etc. and the service is as good. Aerocasillas has pickup offices in many areas. We’ve not explored home delivery although we do live in Grecia (where they have an office).

Aerocasillas will assign you a “SJO=-XXXX” number and they will give you both a Post Office box in Miami and a physical street address in Doral to which UPS, FedEx, et al will deliver. You use the same “SJO-XXXX” number for both addresses.

Our banks, credit card companies, health insurers, retirement system, the beloved IRS and everyone else use our Aerocasillas Miami mailing address as our official/billing address. The only exception is Social Security which insists upon using our physical address in Grecia for the occasional mail we receive from them.

With the Post Office box in Miami as your billing address, making purchases over the Internet is no problem except that you must give the e-tailer both your Billing Address and your Shipping Address unless delivery is to be via the U.S. Postal Service.

harvcarp

All Social Security correspondence for us goes to our Aerocasillas address in Miami.
    I was never asked for a physical location.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Interesting, Harv. When I applied at the U.S. Embassy in Costa Rica, I tried to give them our Aerocasillas P.O. Box address but they would have none of it. The clerk was quite adamant that we had to use our Costa Rican physical address. That was in September of 2007. I wonder if something changed.

harvcarp

I applied in the US in July of 2006, with my US address. In November of 2006, I reported my change of address to
    Miami. My checks get direct deposited to my N.Y. bank.

Edited on Jun 02, 2009 16:00

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.