MIA to SJO

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum MIA to SJO

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    senta

To fly from Miami to San Jose: Try Martin Air, they are really the cheapest! Granted, the seats are kind of tight but who cares, it is only 2hours and 20 minutes and the service is good. Get electronic tickets.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

So what’s the fare round trip from San Jose to Miami and back?

Also, does Martin Air have a website where you can get prices and schedules and make reservations?

Thanks!

dhsbooker

David,
    The website for Martinair is http://www.martinairusa.com. They also fly non stop out of Orlando for about $30.00 more per person. My husband and I are flying out of Orlando in October and we are paying $415.00 per person RT all taxes and fees included.

senta

From MIA to SJO is round trip 387.00 incl. all Taxes and fees except Tax for leaving SJO This is what we paid 3-15-06 and paying again 6-24-06. Arrival time was 22.10 and the $10.00 to the nearby “Adventure Inn” (about 12 miles) next to the PanAm Highway was refunded to us by the Inn. Next morning we rented a small 4×4 from Tricolor Rental which we consider reliable.

jimliesen122

De ja vu all over again… I also have used the Adventure Inn and also Tri-Color rental, and I highly recommend them both – they are very flexible with great customer service.
    If you chat with the folks at Adventure, they’ll knock the internet price of a room down from $49 to $39 if you let them know you are paying your bill in cash – also check to see how many days the ‘week rate’ is. If you pay for the week (last time I was there it was for 5 nights or longer) you can stay cheaper than if you pay for four individual nights. They will also happily have a taxi waiting for you at the airport for $10. They also have no trouble with late check ins, since they know when you are arriving. I have stayed there for 2 nights in the first part of my trip, and then the last 2 nights (total of four) but paid for the 6 night week long and actually spent less on the week-long plan – and I kept my room key the whole time not worrying about acquiring another room on short notice.
    One more thing, down the highway frontage road (westward from the Inn) about 400 meters there is a great grocery store, which I found perfect for the munchies for the hotel room stay. (And a sixpack of Imperial for 375 colones!!!! Gosh I miss Imperial…. sigh….)
    Also, call Tri-color before your flight. Their internet booking system is kinda strange when you tell them you are arriving one day but want your rental the next day. When you chat with them (I love dealing with Johanna and/or Christian) and arrange for it, they will happily pick you up at the Adventure Inn, drive you to the Tri-color office, do your paperwork, and off you are from there (no taxi fees in the morning!). Just make sure you know how to get off the highway and back into the Tri-color street for your return.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.