My arrowhead collection, worth more in the USA or Costa Rica?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum My arrowhead collection, worth more in the USA or Costa Rica?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Versatile

My arrowhead collection (points) is all collected from one site and is a registered site. I used to live there and it can be verified. The stuff is old as about 9000 yrs old. Not Sioux and Osage stuff at all.

Will my collection be worth more to a person in CR rather than the USA? Not really wanting to sell at this time; just wondering. It was totally legal for me to collect them in case some might wonder.

wspeed1195

As A collector I would think you would know that. Now I’m gonna google it.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

A collection of arrowheads must surely appeal to a very, very narrow segment of the population. I certainly don’t dispute your collection’s significance or value, but if you offered it to me for a dollar I wouldn’t spend the money. I think I’m in the majority on this.

So I think the question you should be asking is to whom does this collection really appeal? My suspicion is that it would have much greater appeal to other arrowhead collectors and those folks are much more likely to be found in or near North Carolina where these came from than in Costa Rica. I think that could be said of many “location-specific” collectibles like Native Alaskan artifacts in Alaska or Celtic artifacts in the British Isles.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.